Films!?

ogre

Agreed. Hayley disagrees. She misses the cheesy jokes, which I can understand, but this gritty and flawed version of Bond is my favourite so far.

We were having a conversation the other day about the next actor to play Bond. I feel they could go in a very different direction by choosing a [insert whatever your chosen politically correct term for 'black' is here] actor like (but probably not due to age) Idris Elba. Thoughts?

Agreed. Hayley disagrees. She misses the cheesy jokes, which I can understand, but this gritty and flawed version of Bond is my favourite so far.

We were having a conversation the other day about the next actor to play Bond. I feel they could go in a very different direction by choosing a [insert whatever your chosen politically correct term for 'black' is here] actor like (but probably not due to age) Idris Elba. Thoughts?

I also agree. From reading a few of the novels Craig's depiction of bond best fits how I read the character. The books don't feature all the cheesy nonsense which in this day and age I think is superfluous. I don't think the films sometimes focus enough on how festidious Bond can be about minor details, like how exactly he wants his drinks made (I'm not talking just about the Martinis) and his affection for women is more than just physical.

I've seen there's been some talk about Elba playing bond, and also that ginger fella who did the Bond- rip-off Jaguar F-type feature length ad, Damien something….. I can't picture his as Bond and as much as I think there shouldn't be any issue for a black Bond, it is tricker to tie in to his Scottish roots and his family back-stpry so I hope it's not something done for just the sake of it, but somehow in a meaningful way (if possible, or even likely).

I'm looking forward to Spectre, I hope it's a bit less "silly" than the 2nd half of Skyfall which seemed a bit too much of an ode to Bond of old and carriers on what the first two Daniel Craig films set out.

Not sure about Idris Elba, he can be a really good actor sometimes and then others I just wonder what he was thinking. Must admit though I'm not a new Bond fan at all, will no doubt get abused for this but I enjoyed Pierce Brosnan (but only Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies).

Watched The Maze Runner the other night, it's a bit Hunger Games-esque but pretty enjoyable. Be interesting to see what happens in the next one.

Not sure about Idris Elba, he can be a really good actor sometimes and then others I just wonder what he was thinking. Must admit though I'm not a new Bond fan at all, will no doubt get abused for this but I enjoyed Pierce Brosnan (but only Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies).

Watched The Maze Runner the other night, it's a bit Hunger Games-esque but pretty enjoyable. Be interesting to see what happens in the next one.

Me too, he's my favourite I think!

Finally succumbed to watching the new TMNT film. I'm happy to report though that it is as shit as I imagined it would be, re-writing the origins and allowing Michael Bay to be involved along with CGI main characters completely ruined it.

What's worse though is that there's gonna be a load of sequels with Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, Dimension X and Casey Jones. This really disappoints me as if they'd have stuck with the original story and not gone down the Bay route of obscenely unrealistic action sequences it could have been a really good series.

Finally succumbed to watching the new TMNT film. I'm happy to report though that it is as shit as I imagined it would be, re-writing the origins and allowing Michael Bay to be involved along with CGI main characters completely ruined it.

What's worse though is that there's gonna be a load of sequels with Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, Dimension X and Casey Jones. This really disappoints me as if they'd have stuck with the original story and not gone down the Bay route of obscenely unrealistic action sequences it could have been a really good series.

It looked awful to be honest!

Having just watched the Guest, I think people can stop making films now as that one clearly just won...

It's like they sat down, looked at Drive and thought "how can we make it more badass and better in every single way"

Maybe it's just me but damnnn that's a good film!

Having just watched the Guest, I think people can stop making films now as that one clearly just won...

It's like they sat down, looked at Drive and thought "how can we make it more badass and better in every single way"

Maybe it's just me but damnnn that's a good film!

tumblr_ly5q6zufmx1qhghczo1_500.gif

sorry but no

The guest was not bad

but nowhere near as good as Drive