Ben Rowlands

1a2bcio8

Latest installment of my riding. Would have liked to have included a bunch of other lines that I didn't manage to film but uni has begun getting intense and it's getting more difficult to get out as much.

Anyway, student finance nearly sorted so hopefully decent camera on the way followed by scaring myself.

That first manual weirded me out - it was weird how your speed just didn't change at all! Was cool though, super controlled.

Good to see some of those lines at the steps/wall bit of Lloyds too. The hook to flick to fronty badger was sweet, as was the second (first one after the long manual - you'll know the one I mean :P). Very keen on it!

Cheers for all the comments and nice words.

The first manual was ridiculous.

Please hurry making a full video, even the clips of all of these shorts together would be awesome.

I'm waiting for a decent camera before I put a proper riding/filming/editing effort into a video. At the moment it's nice to try and add some relaxed progression to my riding each week and document it. It's a bit different, fun and motivating. 550D in a couple of weeks though hopefully :)

I refuse to believe that first clip wasn't slow-mo'd :P

It is actually weird how slow you move.

Equally impressive is that huge-ass gap at the benches. Last time I was in Bristol - maybe 6 weeks ago - I had some difficulty doing that on a very compy-set-up mod!

I know for a fact Inspireds are considerably more difficult to gap.

Once again - an excellent choice in music.

That was insanely good Ben, definitely just stepped it up a level.

Been chatting to Sam Nichols and JD about getting the mini video bandwagon thing fully underway, when i've got more than 20 minutes off work i'll stick something together from the lower end of the trials-riding scale :P

Truly awesome riding, the first manual was mind-blowingly good - genuinely thought it was all slow motion.

Beast.

Equally impressive is that huge-ass gap at the benches. Last time I was in Bristol - maybe 6 weeks ago - I had some difficulty doing that on a very compy-set-up mod!

I know for a fact Inspireds are considerably more difficult to gap.

can't say it better

huge static gap on a 24"

wtf???

keep it up

Thanks again for the additional commentry.

I think you will need a security team on hand for tripod shooting when you get a new camera.

:D

Wassat supposed to mean? :P

Nice pad set up. Is that on a smooth rim? They look like they work really well for manuals* but stop the wheel dead when you want it.

*maybe you dont use your brake for manuals? ;)

Yeah a smooth rim. On days when I'm feeling manuals I don't use the brake. That first manual could only be achieved with no brake because there was only a pedal cycles worth of run up to get the speed for that length of the ledge. My brake is a bit pants at the moment to be honest and I'm using tar in moderate amounts but it was originally good before I accidently left it out in the rain overnight.