The Car Thread

MadManMike

Yeah it's the feeling I'm getting to be honest Paul, hes not even seen the car yet but we've knocked like 3k off, I know everyone's in it for a good buy, but find another 64 fairlane on air in the country, theyres not many in the world to be honest as everyone just builds thunderbolt clones.

On 23/03/2019 at 7:25 PM, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Fired up first time :D

Just read the build thread, start to now. Really cool. 

Might sound stuuuupid, but given your skills would you build your own chassis now? No compromise, everything exactly how you want it? 

On 01/04/2019 at 8:44 PM, SamKidney said:

I’ve somewhat unsurprisingly bought yet another Civic. 

Absolute gem. Sub 25k Miles, has done less than 3k miles in 13 years. Garaged all its life. Utterly mint and completely original. 

Too embarrassed to drive it in that colour? :lol:

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Too embarrassed to drive it in that colour? :lol:

:lol: It is a bit marmite but I think I like it. 

The bloke that passed was a collector by all acounts and had some cool motors there that have subsequently sold. Elans, 1275GT Minis among others. The family said the Civic was an odd ball purchase for him being much more “modern” than the rest of his collection but it was the condition and mileage that impressed him, even back then 14+ years ago. The very same thing I’m as impressed by, if not more so. 

On 4/6/2019 at 10:54 PM, manuel said:

Just read the build thread, start to now. Really cool. 

Might sound stuuuupid, but given your skills would you build your own chassis now? No compromise, everything exactly how you want it? 

Cheers man!

Not stupid at all, I definitely would. In fact I started a couple of years ago but 'life shit' got in the way and I canned it. https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/blogs/blog/59-adamrs-mx-r1000-build/

This has been a fairly good compromise, the chassis is decent now with the additions I made and with the V5 (there's no way I want to go through the bullshit of an IVA test) it made sense.

On the dyno today :D

• Like 2

Just read your latest couple of WSCC updates, @Adam@TartyBikes. Holy f**k, it's epic!

Huge kudos for what you've achieved with the build to this point, and with a little fine tuning and fettling it'll be even better again. Properly cool stuff and a testament to your knowledge/skills/attention to detail :)

• Like 1

Haha, cheers gents.

Yep, already has a V5 Paul, so a set of lights, a horn and a handbrake, and I'm on the road :D

Datalogged 0-80mph yesterday at 3.81s (then ran out of room), so I reckon that'll be sub 5s to 100. Crackers.

• Like 2

That looks like an absolute handful, and obviously a massive blast!

Definitely got better as the laps ticked by, is that tyre temps or just getting yourself settled? Early on it looked like you only had to whisper at it that you were thinking about turning in at some point in the near future and it responded by assuming you’d asked for your years quota of oversteer. Absolute monster, I love it. 

It looks pretty fun as it is, plus with the aim being low weight I guess a turbo would go against that grain?  

Goes without saying, but Angry Car is Angry, haha.  Must be nice to have it out and driveable :)

Also, have they resurfaced Three Sisters?  The surface looks reasoanbly consistent there compared to the "All the greys in the world" colour chart it used to be...

That looks like too much fun, I've got such a hankering for a westfield/caterham type build, but 6ft4 doesn't lend itself well. 

Fairlane is still for sale, timewaster wasted time and kicked tyres. Had a couple of offers which are reasonable but I think unless someone comes with the full asking I'll take it to a few shows and put it up there.