The Car Thread

MadManMike

I've just put clear vision on my windscreen, can't wait to try it out!

It makes you kick yourself for not having it on sooner.

I literally dread the thought of rain hitting my windscreen now as it's all smeary and shit etc.

Before it was incredibly to watch haha. Luckily I've got some left over so will be applying asap.

• Like 1

Depends if you want it to be fast or not.

N/A A series just cannot be made powerful enough to still be modern day fast. Not economically compared to the cost of a turbo setup anyway.

Min's aren't about speed though, they are about the ambience and the character of the car. And character isn't something that sits right with a Mini for me...

It can, but reliability and wallet suffers.

The turbo is a cracking motor when it's running, makes strong power without being on the limit, but it doesn't suit mini driving very well.

• Like 1

just stripped those old stage one heads I had in the garage, ready for blasting and dipping tomorrow. Heads themselves seem fine, some of the valves were bent (assuming timing failure on the car they were on as Essex' like to do every once in a while) which proved to be an absolute motherf**ker to get out. Valve guides were brittle as hell having been sat for about 22 years and I ended 3 of them, so that'll be fun to sort out!

Also smashed my thumb around 8 times with a hammer, life is pain.

Edited by Skoze

Swapped the TCAs today for some new numbers with polybushes, were a right pain in the arse to change! However it has cured the steering shake... Decided to drop it by another half inch as well, loos pretty rude but has some savage toe-out at the moment and steering is interesting to say the least! Got a hot date with some laser alignment tomorrow, so hopefully after that i'll finally have it driving nicely.

Started Bernrd up for the first time since August too, turned over twice and started straight away - what a champ.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone's heard, but it's been raining quite a bit in Somerset... Which leads me to think about these water replant glass treatments that keep getting mentioned in here. Is there much difference between RainX and the ones you guys seem to rate highly?

Not sure if anyone's heard, but it's been raining quite a bit in Somerset... Which leads me to think about these water replant glass treatments that keep getting mentioned in here. Is there much difference between RainX and the ones you guys seem to rate highly?

Yes yes yessss! Massive difference. Rain X is crap, it lasts about a month max and works no where near as well as Gtechniq G1. See below

I'm all over RainX, never had a problem with that stuff (Y)

My mate used to run his 80" covered in it without windscreen wipers haha.

Nah it's crap (Y) haha.

I'm no where near into detailing as much as I used to be. Haven't washed my car for about a month and half so i'm not going all Detailingworld up in hurrrr but Gtechniq G1 is an apply once thing and lasts about a year after this one time application. And it doesn't just make the water bead and sit pretty on your screen, over 30mph it litearlly throws it off :)

That was in light rain, as said before, I don't even use my wipers anymore where it rains, literally no need!

Think its £12 on eBay. Sister was so impressed with in my car she paid me to apply some to her car too haha

As said, I can't really be bothered with the whole detailing stuff anymore but this stuff I couldn't go without

Edited by dann2707

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gtechniq-G1-Clear-Vision-Smart-Glass-Max-Durability-Rain-Repellant-/261168135919?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3cced57eef

That says 2 years but mine started to show it wearing off after 1 year.

Another benefit is that ice doesn't stick to your windscreen either. Noticed yesterday morning before uni the only window that I had to scrape off ice was the front one (because I had it replaced the other day) whereas I applied this stuff to every window a few months back.

I've found RainX works well at motorway speeds, but as my commute's down back roads and through villages I'm generally doing 40-60 where the water's not really 'flowing' off the screen. At about 30 the droplets are basically stationary, which makes sense, the wind's trying to push it up, its weight's trying to push it down. It's way easier to see through the water than before using RainX though, so I'm pretty pleased with it considering I've used a fraction of a £7 bottle and it was really easy to apply, just wondering if there's much improvement to be had from the higher end stuff.

Edited by RobinJI

Am I the only honest car salesman in the f**king world?

Phone up yesterday to ask if it's a nice car, asked if the condition was good, any marks etc.

"Nah mayte it's real tidy."

"I see it's got a smoking pack, has it ever been smoked in heavily? Does it smell of smoke inside?"

"Naa naa naa it's all fresh, fully valeted and steam cleaned."

"Great, see you tomorrow about 9."

Get there, f**king shed.

Rip in the head lining, scuff on the bumper, stinking of smoke.

I don't get how these dealerships run like that, this is at a Suzuki main dealer too. Asked to see the manager, standard Teflon shoulders about everything. Luckily I know how to deal with arsehole managers, I don't think he was expecting me to be who I was, without being an arsehole myself about it I expressed my discern at the situation and am going to complain to the manufacturer about how f**king terrible the dealer is,

So glad I have a moral obligation to customer service.

How's the view from up there on your pedestal?

Yes, you're the only honest car salesman in the world. Shame about the car mate, shame people lie.

It's pretty f**king good to be honest, the worse my competitors are the more people will walk through my door. They're just in the wrong job.

On the plus side, every car I don't buy today means there is another for me to look at tomorrow :)

• Like 1