The Car Thread

MadManMike

This just came up for sale over here:

http://www.gieldaklasykow.pl/toyota-corolla-ae86-1986-40000-pln/

I was just thinking how epic this would be with an F20C engine from the S2000. Would probably outperform everything else on the street and track and offer a pure driving experience better than anything out there. Light, mechanical and in my opinion incredibly pretty. I do prefer the Trueno though.

f**k me if I had the money I'd buy that thing in a heartbeat.

Finally got the car to my mechanic today, Been running okay since December, just a bit milky on the oil cap.

This literally happened as soon as it got on the ramp!

So bought a new engine, getting fitted at the end of the month.

Will do a burnout and kill this one properly.post-24017-0-93923300-1392385479_thumb.jpost-24017-0-93923300-1392385479_thumb.j

Gave the Scirocco some much needed love today.

I've just started renting a garage just out the back of our house in preperation for getting the MX-5. I've given up on my Mini project for now as I'm just not in a position to finish it for a long time, so with that going the garage will be used as a place to put all the bits that are worth selling so I can pull down the 'shelter' it's currently under in the garden. Hopefully enough of that will have sold by the time I get the MX-5 and then the garage will just be used to keep whichever car I'm not using in.

I took the chance of having an empty dry garage and a free saturday to give the Scirocco some much needed attention.

I started out by raising the front end 8mm and removing 5mm of spacing to make way for new slightly larger tyres. Popped into town and got a pair of Toyo T1-R's put on the front in 195/50R15 to replace the 195/45R15 Federals that were on there. Big improvement in ride comfort road noise and grip! I've been wanting to do this for ages, just haven't had the cash spare to justify replacing perfectly legal tyres.

Pleased with that and seeing blue skys when I got home I decided to give the car a massive clean. It's been hugely abused this winter and used as a bit of a workhorse. I gave it a good wash outside and in, even pulling out the rear bench and boot carpet to sponge down years worth of crap out of the boot's nooks and crannies. I also found out that Muc off's brilliant at cleaning roof linings and sun visors, as well as basically everything else in a cars interior. :lol: No fancy detailing-world stuff going on here, I cleaned the whole car, engine bay, interior and exterior with Muc off, turtle-wax and some industrial engine degreaser. I did get a bit fancy and use rainX glass cleaner on the windows and a micro-fibre mitt on the exterior though, very unlike me!

I'm really pleased to have it looking presentable again, I may even get some pictures if it stays clean long enough.

It's now in the garage drying out over-night ready to have bikes thrown in it again tomorrow. :P

What a twatttttt

Reminds me of a situation from 1,5 years ago. Fairly similar but happened on a roundabout. I ended up ramming the car and only hit the brakes at the last moment despite being aware before even entering the roundabout that an accident is imminent if I don't react. This leads me to the conclusion I could be rather a good racing driver :P

Just bought a few little bits and bobs for the Leon, glove box lock, sun visor clip, trim adhesive tape... All those annoying little things that need fixing :)

Pretty much everything I touch on this car seems to fall apart, I really regret buying it. My other Leon was slow, but at least I knew where I stood with it :(

Yeah I hope so mate!

At the moment I don't feel any love for the car and to be honest every time I start the engine I expect something to break - I never thought twice about doing 700 mile road trips in my old car, but in this one I cross my fingers it'll get me 10 miles to work.

Yeah I hope so mate!

At the moment I don't feel any love for the car and to be honest every time I start the engine I expect something to break - I never thought twice about doing 700 mile road trips in my old car, but in this one I cross my fingers it'll get me 10 miles to work.

That goes in time, when the head warped on my A3 I didn't trust it any more, after a month of fixing it I was back up to 500 mile trips and didn't think twice.

It's better to have a car that's broken everything and had it replaced, than something you don't know the condition of.

• Like 1