The Car Thread

MadManMike

Yeah, Nick said. I guess it's because there is less turbulence in the pipes with a bigger volume. Needed it really, since the Badger5 manifold, it's f**king ridiculous...sounds amazing, but seriously cringey around anywhere built up!

Not seen it since 064 no, but can imagine the awesomeness. Hopefully I'll be hitting similar numbers (if Bill's Lupo is anything to go by...plus mine has an advantage over his being large port).

Either way, I just need boost again, actuator pressure is so dull!

Awful compared to what though.

Won't don't you like about more power more of the time?

Compared to an N/A engine of the same power output :)

Big engines with small turbos feel fine, it's the other way round that's a problem. I guess it's fun if all you want is torque, sadly that's not always the case.

Wishbone bushes:

Powerflex or standard?

If the set up is similar to mine don't bother with front wishbone bushes do the front rear ones, aka the console bushes. I fitted some PSB bushes that were only 18£ and they've hade a huge difference. Especially when the power flex ones are so pricey!

Before I buy them and find out I need to replace other shit too, could you confirm I just need what's in this link please?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk4-99-04-Front-Arm-Wishbone-Front-Bush-Kit-SuperPro-Polyurethane-/231150112148?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AGolf&hash=item35d19ecd94

I'm trying to figure out which ones I need, I had my wheels off earlier and one of them is totally shot to bits... Hmm.

Imagine you're looking at the car, side on, with the front passenger wheel off. The bush towards the back of the arch (ie nearest the door) is what's knackered. Is that front rear?

Where is the front bush in relation to that? I guess hidden from view?

Looking at it, these look more like it. Fatter, like the knackered ones I saw earlier...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Mk4-99-04-Front-Arm-Wishbone-Rear-Bush-Kit-SuperPro-Polyurethane/331120894434?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D286%26meid%3D5182454305471722356%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1048%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D231150112148%26