Winter Riding, Motivation, Improvements Etc.

0zzy

It's been dryer recently more than it has been all summer!

Wrap up warm and hit that lovely dry concrete.

the weather does not affect me as such, im not even shy of the rain. its more of the light that puts a downer on me. most of my local spots are barley lit and if they are they are poorly lit.

i ride the whole year at the same frequency,if you give up because the weather isnt good,trials isnt a sport for you... :wink2:

im well committed to the sport i just find that the dark nights are really a pain in the arse to get some sort of routine of regular riding in! especially on the week days.

I hate riding in the dark, and cold, and wet, so yeah, my time riding in winter does plummet somewhat.

dark being my main enemy! my riding does no plummet somewhat, it just don't improve.

I've upped my game considerably in the last few weeks, have a winter indoor riding spot, and just gone dual disk. this winters not gonna stop me

im after a winter spot, would make the winter so much easier on the trials front, well lit and warm would defo be a winning situation.

Completely lose the ability to judge everything.

To an extent, I think that's something you just have to adjust to. When I first start riding in the dark after I'm used to riding in daylight all summer, it takes me a little bit to get used to it - if you just sort of push through it, it seems like you gradually start to work it all out. The first couple of rides are dick, but after that I've found it's fine really. Obviously if it's really dark then you're out of luck, but for 'normal' darkness you can get to grips with it.

how do you guys get on in the winter? with the crap weather and it going dark early how do you guys actually get to ride? do you see a drastic drop off in your riding? do you find it hard for motivation?

I just love to ride. It's like an addiction, the more time lasts without riding the stronger i want to ride.

I don't ride only if conditions are really shitty: wet snow or lots of ice everywhere. But wet snow is the worst thing, when icy roads are fun to ride on my XC(regular tyres).

The way I see it is that in the summer, when you get hot, there's not much you can do to stop it without taking a break for a bit to cool down, hence stopping riding. In winter you start cold so the more you ride the warmer you get! Its a bit hard to get going to start with but when you warm up you can take some layers off and carry on :)