The Angry Thread.

Blake

Got a text from City Council saying my council tax was overdue, pretty sure I set up a direct debit for it. Call them up, they say I don't have a direct debit set up... so I set one up again. Come home, search my council tax letters and what do I find? A confirmation letter for the first direct debit I set up back in February!

my parents worry too much if i hurt myself, i therefore feel pressured to do well when im riding, which therefore doesn't allow me to focus, causing me to fail... :|

and even worse is when they think they know everything because they have "more experience" with "life", ive just broguht a skye frame kit so i could make MY bike and its as if they're taking over, what a joke.

and this

bd30c2c92935ef9c0097cd6708e5025c339bfb31

Edited by JJ Leigh

The mother refuses to let me have my Civic at the house. All I want is for it to be in the garage, where no one else parks. Theres loads of room in there.

Want to make something of this Honda and I cant when I only get the chance to work on it once every fortnight for about an hour.

just to make another car related post here:

I am driving a scooter since im 14 legally, not too legaly before. My parents gave me a scooter and if that would see an MOT person, he would not believe his eyes, faulty brakes and tyres, dying engine and vario... so yeah, pretty much lethal. So I was driving that in a busy city for 2 years then a better, new scooter for several other years, no accident, fault, or anything bad. From age of 17 I was driving cars regularly, small, big, diesel, petrol, with no problems, and I drove them quite a while. Even this summer I drove nicely.

So we moved here, and I started to learn how to drive on the other side of the road, now I can drive well, easily and with load of care, not too quick but that is not a problem.

My parents will be out of the country for 2 weeks, there is a car that I had insurance on it and they told me that I am only allowed to drive it to work and back.... because I dunno. They told me, that I would not check the oil, run the car with no petrol and stuck somewhere and drive DUI....

Also they told me that I am 20 in 2-3 month, so I should be more independent....

I think I will be independent, not giving a f**k and just drive around like I normally would, nothing extraordinary whatsoever.

Anyway I am looking ways to move asap, but not giving up my dreams, or just live another year nicely and then move permanently for sure as I cannot stand that they talk to me like a retarded 14 old kid

my parents worry too much if i hurt myself, i therefore feel pressured to do well when im riding, which therefore doesn't allow me to focus, causing me to fail... :|

and even worse is when they think they know everything because they have "more experience" with "life", ive just broguht a skye frame kit so i could make MY bike and its as if they're taking over, what a joke.

and this

That meme seems to be used incorrectly. Although I can't remember the original use.

As to your parents not wanting you hurt, I think all parents want their kids to be safe. And how old are you, 14? My mum used to baby me all the time at that age. And did you save up and buy that Skye yourself? How are they taking over?

and even worse is when they think they know everything because they have "more experience" with "life", ive just broguht a skye frame kit so i could make MY bike and its as if they're taking over

Yeah, I feel your pain brah :P It's what parents are like, especially when you're young I suppose. My mum is terrible for it, I mentioned wanting to try a backflip into a foam pit and she went bananas :) I said the same thing to my dad and he just said "I'll make sure the camera is charged and ready" XD In my opinion it is better to have parents who care than parents who don't give a toot :)

I know when I was building my zoot my dad liked getting involved, but that's because we are garage buddies and we have always done stuff like that together. I decided that I wanted to build this bike myself as i am 15 and felt like I had the ability to (come on, it's not that hard) and he found it quite hard not to interfere :P

While I'm here I'll post this. I went out on a little ride to this huge lake/golf course/forest/park place (Coate Water for anybody who knows Swindon) and it's full of random little trails. I decided to ride down one to see where it went and BOOM! Chainsnap!Just as I pulled away the chain snapped and I went over the bars into a nettle bush. I then had to scoot my bike home with a lumpy, stingy, tingly arm which took forever. I now have a bruised bottom as it turns out that inspired saddles aren't good for scooting.

Edited by onzatpro09

suppose you have a point George, but its just annoying... and im 15, but my dad is wayyy too protective and most of my family agree. and were going half and half with parts, but they said i can do my research and get what parts i want, and now its "your not changing parts because of a colour" and when i try to explain why i dont get everything from tartybikes, they're always like "is it a legitimate website" with any other site (tarty dont sell atomlab rims or both m810's) and a bunch of other things and its just ughhh!!!!

In my opinion it is better to have parents who care than parents who don't give a toot :)

i know, but if you lived with me, you'd understand.... i definitely have amazing parents its just they worry way too much as if im wrong about everything

Sick to the f**king back teeth of trials bikes and breaking stuff. Can't get on with the mod. So I build a Planet X 26". Find two big cracks on the frame, not worth repairing. Sell most of the bits from that to find a 24. Buy that to later find out the bb threads are shagged and possibly can't be repaired, meaning a new frame may be the case. Never have any of this trouble with my halfords carrera mtb. Seriously thinking of selling the lot off and not doing it at all. Fed up of ploughing money into unreliable shit

Sick to the f**king back teeth of trials bikes and breaking stuff. Can't get on with the mod. So I build a Planet X 26". Find two big cracks on the frame, not worth repairing. Sell most of the bits from that to find a 24. Buy that to later find out the bb threads are shagged and possibly can't be repaired, meaning a new frame may be the case. Never have any of this trouble with my halfords carrera mtb. Seriously thinking of selling the lot off and not doing it at all. Fed up of ploughing money into unreliable shit

Probably not a great idea buying a second hand Zoot frame in that case ;)

• Like 5

dad is having a moan at me yet again saying I don't do anything anymore and Im not greatful, well he can f**k off cos I ride trials as much as I can, I go out on my mtb aswell as other things and he's just being a massive dick about it

I assume you're 13?