The Angry Thread.

Blake

Is the film 3D? Cos f**k 3D. Unless the movie was filmed in 3D I never watch them in 3D. Only film I've watched in 3D is Tron Legacy and Spiderman 2. Majority of Tron Legacy was filmed in 3D so that was worth watching in 3D. Spiderman I had to watch in 3D cos there was no other showings that night I went that was in 2D.

Hate this 3D fad.

I felt much the same way, then watched Dredd 3D and really, really enjoyed it - they used the 3Dness of it in a really tasteful, subtle way that just enhanced the way things looked rather than being all OMGZ ITZ COMING RIGHT AT ME. There was one bit where they used it to look down this corridor, and the way it was composed was amazing, and just made it all 'click'. The tripped out/drug scene in it was much better for it too.

What's up with your life bud? Let it all out :)

Not entirely sure to be honest. My life is boring, I feel like I'm wasting it, I'm constantly waiting for something or worrying about the future rather than living day to day. Also have a lot of inertia recently, couldn't be bothered to do anything - be it a project or just going out. Far prefer inactivity to spending time doing something. Missus and dad say I need a holiday, I think I need a big change in life but with so much inertia already, that's not going to happen even when I figure out what to change.

Went on a ride to Southampton today, so a little more than 100 miles and my train back got delayed. When it did come an hour and twenty minutes late I get on with my bike and the driver comes out to tell me to get off the train with no explanation. After a bit of me asking for some explanation it was because they're only allowed three bikes on the five carriage train at a time and they all have to be in the same bit. I said it was full and he said that it wasn't his problem and told me to get off. I then explained because of the delays this was the last train I could get home and asked if I was going to get a hotel paid for since because of their lack of service I'd have to sleep on a bench tonight. Still just kept saying not my problem, which was extra annoying because when I asked for a manager he said he was the manager and when I said 'so it is actually your problem' he just said get off again.

After 15 minutes which involved the two other bikers getting involved who were in the same situation as me I got to stay on and the police getting called over, the other two bikers got off just because they were travelling together which is how the driver justified it.

Just really angry about the whole thing and more so how he handled it. He came up to me afterwards saying I owed him an apology and I just said no, saying you handled that really badly. Started saying I should have got an ASBO and how people like me are terrible. Which reminds me of the other woman who worked on the platform who said 'I thought you looked like a decent one earlier'.

I am angry about the whole thing.

Each train company has a different 'cycle policy', but almost all imply you should get a reservation for your bike to be guaranteed the option to take it on the train. I used to go Waterloo -> Southampton -> Waterloo most weekends when I lived in London and outside peak hours they were always cool with it, but some other operators were total dickbags about it. Had a similar deal once with Arriva where they were saying I wasn't allowed on, but as it was the last train I just said "What else do you expect me to do?" and the guy backed down.

It sounds like the guy was being a bit stressy in your scenario, but the train operator are likely to back him as if the cycle bit was full then according to almost all company's T's & C's, you can't take your bike on and they're under no obligation to sort out anything else for you.

It sounds like the guy was being a bit stressy in your scenario, but the train operator are likely to back him as if the cycle bit was full then according to almost all company's T's & C's, you can't take your bike on and they're under no obligation to sort out anything else for you.

I do think the circumstances should have been taken into consideration more though. Thought it would be similar to when I was getting a plane that ended up getting pushed back a day and they paid for a hotel because it was their fault. I know reserving bikes ideal but because of the situation this was the only train I could get and having paid to get one of the trains that day I think they should have been more catering to the situation.

I did wonder afterwards if I had just taken the wheels off and put then in a rubbish bag if I could describe it as luggage rather than a bike.

The difference though is that if you hadn't had a bike, you could've just got on the train with no problem. If it's not reserved then they don't really have any obligation to have to take you on board simply because it's a decision you've made that is the root of the problem. If you've got it reserved then even if there are other bikes on board, if they're not reserved then they can be kicked off in lieu of your reserved one.

I imagine taking the wheels off/making it look like luggage would probably work - it seems to on the tube.

Yeah, no joke - reading your original post even made me angry on your behalf, haha. Although my car's a f**king tedious money-pit, it still beats the shit out of rolling the dice with the rail network here in the UK.

A lot of the older trains had huge guard's vans. The old 'slam door' trains around London about 10 years ago you could fit loads of bikes in them. Then they changed to these shitty smaller trains and yeah, all that bullshit about reserving a space. It's f**king retarded and in the end I hated getting trains, same up north. It was just a complete gamble as to whether or not you'd make it to the ride or not.

Twats on the other shift see it fit to blame me for all the problems we have on our machine, despite that shift making loads of rejects, and me and the other lad making hardly any. Bit hollow me thinks. Got dragged into a meeting to explain what's going to happen going forward, and it turned into a them vs me slagging match because my other operator on our crew is on holiday, so therefore I had no backup. Pissed off doesn't begin to describe it. The old c**t that started it all needs to f**k off and retire, then all our lives will be a lot more peaceful. He's militant and doesn't give a f**k, but is perfectly happy pointing the finger and blaming me when stuff doesn't go right. Wanker

I'm really pissed off right now, just had a big argument with the harbour master in our village about riding our bikes in indoor markets.

Me and my brother decided to go for a late ride tonight, it was pretty wet outside so we went inside one of the markets at the pier. We have been using these markets for years without any problems with the pier staff at all (except from this one guy) and we always leave everything the way it was when we came in, these markets are hardly used anymore.

We set out the pallets we wanted to use and started riding on them, a pier staff worker came in and told us to put the lights off when we were done, so that was fine. After about an hour the Harbour Master came storming in, I have had some minor problems with him before, but he is just someone who has nothing better to do than moan. Well he started shouting at us to leave and all this crap about permission. I asked him what his problem was with us being in the market. He wouldnt answer, just kept getting on at us, saying its not a playground etc. Me and my brother started to put all the pallets away. He then began saying that his staff have told us many times to not go in the markets, (this is not true, some of them actually enjoy to watch and one guy puts all the pallets away for us in his forklift.) I told him one of his staff had earlier told it was fine as long as we put everything away. He asked for this workers name, I knew he was going to try and get him in trouble so i just told him i didnt know him. He said sure you dont and then asked for our names or else he was phoning the police. We told him to go ahead because we hadnt done anything wrong. He told us to stay where we were and he was going to get the police, my brother and i finished putting away the pallets and packed up. He returned without the police and asked our names again, we gave him our names because we couldnt be arsed waiting any longer. He already knew me anyway. Before leaving i asked him would he not rather we do something active than going out drinking/taking drugs etc, like other young people in our village. He wouldnt/couldnt respond and just said we were never aloud going around the pier area in our village again. If any of you have been up north here in lochinver, you will know the pier covers almost half of the area we can ride on.

The reason for this rant is that we have now lost one of our largest riding areas (no doubt we will return soon though), but the main reason i am so angry is that this guy enjoys restricting people of having fun, even the majority of his staff dont like him. It just makes me so annoyed that people have to stand for these biggots everyday day and its no wonder young people are getting more involved in crime etc Because children are not allowed to enjoy themselves anymore.

I will continue to ride where ever i want without causing any harm and see how for this man will take this. I am not giving in to his rubbish accusations.

Sorry, but i had to get that off my chest. :angry:

Edit: Also got a hell of a shindig.

Edited by ClarkeHutchison

Snip

Dude, you live near one of my favorite places to ride, ever - Achiltibuie. Never mind fannying about on pallets, get out and explore that amazing coast line you have and find some new "undiscovered" riding mecca's.

Sorry about the quality but heres a video of a few of us riding up your way a few years back. http://youtu.be/2DW3YLT6TGw

Let that be some inspiration for you.

Oh, heres another from the same spot with better quality. http://vimeo.com/73841202

• Like 1

Dude, you live near one of my favorite places to ride, ever - Achiltibuie. Never mind fannying about on pallets, get out and explore that amazing coast line you have and find some new "undiscovered" riding mecca's.

Sorry about the quality but heres a video of a few of us riding up your way a few years back. http://youtu.be/2DW3YLT6TGw

Let that be some inspiration for you.

Oh, heres another from the same spot with better quality. http://vimeo.com/73841202

I will have to get to achiltibue some time soon it looks really good, have you ever been to achmelvich beach, there is also some similar natural riding.

We don't often use pallets, just when we are unable to ride outside due to very bad weather.

Great video

Cars when they break = money & stress

Cars when they work = money & stress

Why did I ever get one let alone two for gods sake.

Having said that, soon as this new turbo beds in and I put my foot down I'll most likely take back everything I've just said.

• Like 1

We're not planning on any band to play at the wedding, so Hayley's been banging on about me doing a short set of stuff. Many problems with that, not least the fact I haven't played guitar properly in f**king yonks. Then there's the fact that the only songs I know how to play are heavy and/or have lyrical content not suitable for the day I marry her. Plus there's also the fact I am absolutely terrified of 'performing' on my own – I pretty much exclusively played in bands back in t'day.

I came up with an idea to combat the last bit, involving a video camera, my studio and a projector. The only problem is I can't find any time when she's not here to actually learn/rework/film/record stuff. 5 weeks tomorrow...