The Angry Thread.

Blake

My wonderful housemate has been helping himself to our stuff in the kitchen since we got here, but given that he generally bought the same butter we use (girlfriend can't have dairy, it matters) so we stole it back and I can forgive a slice (or most of a loaf) of bread here and there, I've been pretty passive about it.

Drinking a case of 6 nice beers though, is too far

Oh yeah, the missus also made a fancy dairy free chocolate cake that cost her about £12 to make, left it on the side under tin foil after eating a bit, he put it in the bin...

Poison the b*****d. A serious case of food poisoning might make him think twice. Either that or kick him down the stairs.

Next doors cat is such an evil fanny.

IMAG1142_zpsqfiuntd6.jpg

Ted went out for his evening toilet movements, cat was sat on the fence, hissed at Ted then threw himself at him. I dunno what he caught him with either tooth or claw but Ted is pretty shaken by it. It's about an inch long and stretched quite wide where it is.

That's claw not tooth, tooth would be puncture marks. Cats can be viscous bastards when cornered, poor Ted :(

Edit: The wife says flush it out with cooled boiled water and leave it for now and vets tomorrow for stitching.

Edited by forteh

My neighbour was cat sitting another neighbour’s cat while they were on holiday. It ended up being hit by a car and sat by the side of the road for a couple of days. We knocked on the sitter’s door to let them know. We walked round to show them where it was. The neighbour retrieved it, picked it up and it was as stiff as a board. I laughed for about a week thinking about the position it had died in.

just thought I'd defend cats a little and give a reason why they rock.

Firstly I'll tell you why dogs suck:

They shit on the floor for people to step in and ride through.

They have hair rather than fur, it's not as soft or nice.

Their hair is greasy, I hate stroking dogs as it feels like I've wiped my hands on a smelly oily rag, I have to wash my hands if I touch a dog.

They'll love anyone with food no matter if that person is a dick or not.

They need walks because they are too daft to take care of themselves.

They fart and their breath stinks.

Cats are awesome because:

They are super soft to touch and wash regularly so are not greasy.

They bury their shit out of the way.

They can go outside and have fun on their own.

They are like people and if you're nice to them then they'll be nice back and they'll be super loyal and affectionate.

They purr.

They're cuter.

I don't dislike dogs (though there are some breeds out there I have no idea why anyone would ever want to own (although I think I'd happily have a Pug or Boston Terrier)) but cats are just more sophisticated, one way I can put it is that dogs are Americans and cats are British.

• Like 3

They are like people and if you're nice to them then they'll be nice back and they'll be super loyal and affectionate.

Absolutely this, Taj my oldest cat sleeps on my pillow every single night, follows me round the house and goes to bed when I do. If I sit at my computer he is asleep in my lap within 5 minutes.

Considering he was a wild barn kitten and now at 13 years old is still wary/scared of strangers he is the most loyal cat I've known :)

Going to be gutted when I do finally lose him in the next 5 years or so but then I'll be able to play with new kitten :D

Edited by forteh

I know but if I expect him to make 18 then I will be extra happy when he does go on for longer :)

Given that his diet in the past has included quite a lot of bolognese, curry, pizza and chilli (basically he loves anything with cheese, garlic or tomatoes), he suffered a suspect minor stroke a few months back and appears to be a little senile then I'm still aware that he has been in far from peak physical condition as far as cats go!

Edited by forteh