The Angry Thread.

Blake

People always say cats aren't loyal, but when I get home a lot of the times I see her in my bedroom window and by the time I've opened the door she's already there. She even gives me those little massages so it's nice to have a relationship that goes both ways.

So yea, your dog probably had it coming.

Edited by bikeperson45

Mine have before now followed me out the front door when going to the shop. They stop after 20 yards or so and wait in the bushes till I walk back and then jump out at me. Likewise they're always waiting for me to get back from work, either in the back garden or just inside the french windows :)

Overly harsh comment about Ted having it coming though, yes tame cats are awesome but strays, especially toms can be shites.

Edited by forteh

just thought I'd defend cats a little and give a reason why they rock.

Firstly I'll tell you why dogs suck:

They shit on the floor for people to step in and ride through.

They have hair rather than fur, it's not as soft or nice.

Their hair is greasy, I hate stroking dogs as it feels like I've wiped my hands on a smelly oily rag, I have to wash my hands if I touch a dog.

They'll love anyone with food no matter if that person is a dick or not.

They need walks because they are too daft to take care of themselves.

They fart and their breath stinks.

Cats are awesome because:

They are super soft to touch and wash regularly so are not greasy.

They bury their shit out of the way.

They can go outside and have fun on their own.

They are like people and if you're nice to them then they'll be nice back and they'll be super loyal and affectionate.

They purr.

They're cuter.

I don't dislike dogs (though there are some breeds out there I have no idea why anyone would ever want to own (although I think I'd happily have a Pug or Boston Terrier)) but cats are just more sophisticated, one way I can put it is that dogs are Americans and cats are British.

I read as -

Cats roam, shit in other peoples gardens (usually in my flower bed) and generally aggravate dogs/birds.

I've nothing against cats, I just hate it when people have a cat then just leave it to it's own devices to shit in others garden or scratch shit up, it's the same principle as people that don't clean up after dogs, but at least the dog owners are just cnuts who don't. Cat owner have no idea what it's upto. As for the greasy comment I'd agree with you but it's certain breeds that seem prone. Jenny's folks have always had Staffordshire bull terriers and they do feel greasy to me, whereas Ted doesn't at all and nor does my folks Cairn terrier.

Walking a dog is part if the enjoyment for me, I love taking Ted to the park and throwing a toy for him. It's all part if the enjoyment of him. Sometimes if it's raining etc it's abit tedious but when the suns out and he's off the lead running around it easily makes up for it.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was always fun walking through Bute Park in Cardiff and having dogs off their leads barking away running really close to us scaring my nephew, and when I got regularly chased by dogs as I rode along the cycle path with their owners shouting "He's just playing." It was always great when they'd then tell me that their dog never usually did that, and it must have been something I did that was wrong. Funnily enough I never got chased or attacked by our neighbours cat when it would pass through our garden ;)

EDIT: I'm being partially tongue-in-cheek about that, but my point is that almost every dog owner is extremely blasé about the effect their dog will have on other people when it isn't on a lead. In contrast, you don't get that with cats. By their nature they tend to shit in a fairly out-of-the-way place and will generally cover it up, whereas dogs seem content to just go wherever/whenever - just ask huskies:

PGSj2Gg.gif

Similarly, how many people do you think will have been 'nipped' by a cat compared to a dog, especially a terrier of some sort? I've been bitten by those little white cunty dogs (Westies?) several times, and their owners are always incredibly dickheaded about it because it's "just a little dog" and "it's just playing"...

• Like 1

It was fun this morning explaining to next door what they're f'ckin cat had done to Ted and I got 'but he's usually so nice'. Yeah, seems it.

I could understand it if Ted was particularly nasty, or chased them around but he's literally the most placid dog ever, he's only barked once in 7 months!

Similarly, how many people do you think will have been 'nipped' by a cat compared to a dog, especially a terrier of some sort? I've been bitten by those little white cunty dogs (Westies?) several times, and their owners are always incredibly dickheaded about it because it's "just a little dog" and "it's just playing"...

If it makes you feel any better Jenny's folks rescued a pure breed 'Staffie' (which was so far from a Staffordshire bull terrier it wasn't funny) that thing jumped a 5ft fence to royally f**k up a westie. Mauled the shit out of that thing.

I agree with people that leave there dog to get on with it when it's off the lead, but thats not a Megacat vs Giantdog issue, that's just people being retarded. Ted never leaves our side unless it's play off the lead and even then he knows how far he can go and who to focus on. Mainly it's a fear thing thou, he's generally scared of everything.

My old cat used to meet me half way from the bus stop from school (a good 500m or so) and walk back with me. He also used to dribble a lot, he once dribbled into my mouth which was a delight. Used to sit and smoke with me too, great cat.

Scabby old b*****d he was though, only had one eye, crooked back, bit of a bald patch, scabby ears because he was completely white and liked sun bathing too much, it was mouldy kidneys that got him in the end though, don't think I've ever been that upset :(

Anyone had a tapeworm? Don't want to start such a gross topic so lets keep it in here :) I suspect I might have one, will get myself checked asap. Just wondering what the specific symptoms were if any of you guys got a parasite in the past. Scanning through a list of possible but contradicting symptoms doesn't give one an idea of what the specific symptoms of an individual could be.

Suspect shIting bits of it out would tip you the wink ;)

Results inconclusive :P Doctor wants to carry out loads of tests, parasites is one of them so that's cool. As strange as it may sound, I really hope it's a tapeworm. Kill it, shit it out, problem solved.

Going on a trials roadtrip tomorrow, ordered a gimbal last week to take some good shots and they haven't even assembled it yet. f**kers. So all I can do now is build myself a glidecam using some painting equipment, weights and wood.

Going on a trials roadtrip tomorrow, ordered a gimbal last week to take some good shots and they haven't even assembled it yet. f**kers. So all I can do now is build myself a glidecam using some painting equipment, weights and wood.

In some ways it'll probably end up being better if you do that. All the riding-related videos I've seen filmed with a 'proper' gimbal setup generally aren't that great to watch because you don't want the camera to be perfectly horizontal/level the whole time. You need that up/down movement in something as dynamic as riding, especially if you're filming with a wide angle lens. If you look at the Fontenoy videos filmed with that fancy new GoPro gimbal they look weird or badly composed most of the time because you're not getting any up/down movement. If you can just make anything that will counterweight your camera you'll probably be on to a winner - one of the best BMX filmers out there films just using a tripod held upside down, and another uses a glidecam but basically holds the counterweight arm to be able to adjust the direction of the camera (so it's not really a 'proper' glide any more).

In some ways it'll probably end up being better if you do that. All the riding-related videos I've seen filmed with a 'proper' gimbal setup generally aren't that great to watch because you don't want the camera to be perfectly horizontal/level the whole time. You need that up/down movement in something as dynamic as riding, especially if you're filming with a wide angle lens. If you look at the Fontenoy videos filmed with that fancy new GoPro gimbal they look weird or badly composed most of the time because you're not getting any up/down movement. If you can just make anything that will counterweight your camera you'll probably be on to a winner - one of the best BMX filmers out there films just using a tripod held upside down, and another uses a glidecam but basically holds the counterweight arm to be able to adjust the direction of the camera (so it's not really a 'proper' glide any more).

Cheers for the ideas. My chief concern is that the camera setup we'll be using has no image stabilization and so far any attempts at handheld shots have been a failure. Is it possible to achieve good results with just a bodged glidecam type of setup?

Definitely! The tripod-guy I was referring to is Rich Forne - he does videos for all the biggest BMX brands (and others, e.g. Nike, Vans, etc.) whilst using that. You can get shots pretty stable with that kind of arrangement, and depending on the editing software you use you can dial it in in post too. I haven't used it, but I'm told that the Warp Stabiliser in the later gens of Adobe Premiere Pro are pretty good.

I use a really cheap glide pretty much just to be able to use the handle on it (a pivoted handle mounted to a bearing, so you can rotate it around the main body of the glidecam). All I really want it for is so I can use one hand to be the stable one (holding that handle, so you can keep a solid grip the whole time), then use your other hand to fine tune it by holding lower down the shaft of it. That's all there is to it. My footage isn't particularly stable but it's not like it's unusable, and that's without using the Warp Stabiliser which would help make it more stable if required.

I filmed most of my first videos just using a tripod with an extendable head. I wound the head out so there was that main section to grip with one hand, had the head of the tripod tilted up a bit so you could angle the tripod itself over more, then held onto the legs with my other hand. Even then it wasn't too bad, certainly a huge improvement over filming completely freehand (which I never do, and will almost always look pretty shaky/bad).

Some German guy just snapped my steering lock on the ped and moved it on the pavement because he couldn't Park. I watched it happen and filmed it because I didn't realise he broke it and thought it was rather funny.

Edit:

Someone seems to of let his tyre down, wedged a banana deep in the 'zorst, poured honey along the wipers and also covered the washer jets with loctite.

Did this person go too far?

Edited by ItsMatt
  • Like 2

Some German guy just snapped my steering lock on the ped and moved it on the pavement because he couldn't Park. I watched it happen and filmed it because I didn't realise he broke it and thought it was rather funny.

Edit:

Someone seems to of let his tyre down, wedged a banana deep in the 'zorst, poured honey along the wipers and also covered the washer jets with loctite.

Did this person go too far?

Dog eat dog. Simples

Everything feels like it's going to cock.

Getting shit off my old boss (uncle) that's providing jobs for the two lads that rent the garage off him for not using my initiative when it shouldn't be my responsibility on jobs that the other two have been given, getting shit off those two for trying to keep my uncle happy by making sure that the jobs get done and being accused of showing more interest in what he has to do than what I do for them during the day.

I'm the f**king apprentice and I feel like I'm the one who's trying to run that place more than anyone. Those two have no clue and when I try make what they f**k up right I get shot at by someone else.

Both cars are knackered, pays shit, days are long and I feel like I'm getting nowhere.