The Angry Thread.

Blake

Good weekend?

How's the weather up/down there?

Up to anything at the weekend?

Any holidays planned?

Roll on Friday

Amongst others. I don't like to think how many times I've had the same conversation with someone over the last 11 years of working here.

• Like 1

New job’s been going pretty alright actually and I’m earning enough to move out. But I’ve heard the words ‘good weekend?’ about sixty times this morning and it’s making me want to throw something at something else.

The most depressing conversation I'd hear every Monday:

"Good weekend?"

"Yes thanks."

"What did you do?"

"Not much... you know..."

I spent 95% of my office time wanting to kill people, imagining throwing mugs of coffee across the room and replacing office safety notices with ones I'd made myself in MS Paint. Then I left.

I get that kind of conversation with the marketing department, but we're all pretty close mates with similar interest in production (developers, designers and testers) so conversation is generally pretty good around our end of the office.

"Yeah my weekend was OK, had to have my cat put down... well, I say put down, I mean I just kept punching it until it stopped breathing."

That should stop the mundane chat. People will think you're a complete arsehole, but it avoid answering the same questions every Monday...

• Like 2