The Angry Thread.

Blake

Going on a trials roadtrip tomorrow, ordered a gimbal last week to take some good shots and they haven't even assembled it yet. f**kers. So all I can do now is build myself a glidecam using some painting equipment, weights and wood.

I work at a film rental company, and we do a hell of a lot of gimbal hires nowadays. Generally for high action stuff, we recommend getting a second operator and a controller, and using them to control it. Requires a fine hand, but the current market of gimbals just aren't intelligent enough to react in the right way.

Saying that, the steadyshot feature on the DJI Ronin gimbals is as close as it gets at the moment, and it's what I'll be using to film the next trials video I shoot when I can eventually arrange a weekend filming with Mr Beaden!

Which gimbal did you opt for?

Apparently it's my fault that the wheels and tyres I bought came with 4 completely different tyres in a completely different condition to how they were described to me...

Being dark when they were wrapped up, getting them cheaper than the going rate and him agreeing to letting me organise a courier, rather than the collection only he advertised, are all legitimate excuses.

Some people are f**king special.

So i either send them back at my expense (because obviously it's my fault), keep them and run them with 4 shit and much more worn tyres (not really a safe option), get some tyres fitted (could have got a better set of wheels and tyres for the same money) or flog them on and try and recoup as much money as possible.

Anyone fancy posting a burning shit through a letter box in Stafford for me?

Pay.

Pal.

Claim.

Seriously dude, get it started.

It's been in progress since 5 minutes after i found out. He's refusing to budge and give me anything, apart from a full refund once i've returned them at my expense. In that case i'll end up 90 quid down and nothing to show for it. So i'd rather not. That's all I could hope to get through paypal.

• Like 1

Erm, I thought if you sent a gift payment it meant you had no comeback? Things may have changed though... seems weird to insist on doing it that way, as it gives the buyer less protection...

Thats what I mean. You don't have cover paying as a gift. So it sounded like the guy had a fecked pair of brakes and didn't want me trying to claim my money back once I realised they were broken/leaking...

Thats what I mean. You don't have cover paying as a gift. So it sounded like the guy had a fecked pair of brakes and didn't want me trying to claim my money back once I realised they were broken/leaking...

I seeeee, I misread it and thought you meant you were the seller... Do as above in this case, definitely.

In more first world problem hostel news we have a kiwi guy who has recently arrived in our 6 bed dorm, I've heard unsilenced diesel engines breathe quieter than his snoring. Tends to come in at around 4-5am then quickly get to snoring loud enough to wake the rest of the room up, tonight though he's brought a girl back with him!

Out of spite for the inconsiderate cunť I insured he didn't get laid by being blatantly awake (Y)

Can't wait to hear what a great nights sleep he got some time after 2pm again.

I cannot wait to get the f**k out of hostels, looking at houses this (next) week, see if I can find a selfish flat mate to bitch about again instead.

I hate people.

Edited by Jolfa

Seems a weird thing to be doing (travelling) and staying in hotels if you're not willing to put up with that shit the usually comes with travelling? Surely camping or some shit would suit you better? Although you'd probably get pissed off at your tent for rattling in the wind.

• Like 3

Just been woken up by the sound of my mopeds centre stand kicking up and a loud bang. Look out the window and thing is lying on its side.

What's the point? 3:30am on a Monday ffs

Things like this really piss me off. I'd rather it be stolen (I wouldn't) as there would actually be some point to that rather than just mindlessly being a wanker.

Just been woken up by the sound of my mopeds centre stand kicking up and a loud bang. Look out the window and thing is lying on its side.

Things like this really piss me off. I'd rather it be stolen (I wouldn't) as there would actually be some point to that rather than just mindlessly being a wanker.

I'm on my phone, I really can't be bothered to edit and correct that post...

• Like 1