who's going to be the first person on here to buy one of these?

24martin

Almost 3k for a bike, and it doesn't have any Ti in sight, over priced in my opinion.

Also Malcolm Rathmell Sport has them for a lot less.

M5 HS33 Price: £1999.99

M5 Disc Price £1150.00

http://www.malcolmrathmellsport.com/monty-trials.htm#Monty_M5

Edited by BradJohnson
  • Like 1

Something tells me that £1150 price is slightly off

It's in writing, you could do them over and get it for that silly price, and they can't do a thing about it.

Were only people riding at Danny Mac's level interested in the Skye?

Same could be said about the seatless Sky.

(But obviously Gilles or Carthy would be the riders :P )

Danny on a Koxx Sky would be something i'd pay to watch.

Edited by BradJohnson

Were only people riding at Danny Mac's level interested in the Skye?

I get that, but with a Skye you can bash it to f**k and not worry about breaking it. Whereas a lightweight carbon bike might not survive too many hard hits.

I'm no expert of carbon, I know it can be stronger than most metals but not so good for scrapes and bashes?

Edited by AndrewEH1

anyone else think 7kg is heavy for a full carbon bike, i thought it would be lighter? i like it, i'd have one if someone bought it for me.......but the price is mental!

It's in writing, you could do them over and get it for that silly price, and they can't do a thing about it.

there will be some small print some where that will say something along the lines of "we reserve the right to change any products/prices without prior notice"

meaning they just hooked you into the site with a good price.......like this - http://www.trialsaddict.com/hubs/rear-hubs/non/chris-king-135mm-hub.html or http://www.trialsaddict.com/special-offers/echo-26-sl-forks-2011.html oh wait, they aren't in stock so you can't buy them at that price.

• Like 1

The price isn't ridiculous, but I think more a frame kit would be more interesting to the sort of person who would want to spend that much.

Also I feel like if I had one I couldn't wear jeans and a t-shirt to ride it, I would have to wear a leotard and possibly a cape.

• Like 2

I admit i'm wrong, i've just read my shopping consumer rights.

'The price tag was wrong, but the retailer has to honor it'

THE FACTS Unfortunately not. This is a case of "if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is". If you happen to spot something that is incorrectly priced you have no legal right to buy it for that price. If you get to the till and the sales assistant notices, the retailer is within its rights to refuse to sell it to you for that price. This is also the case if you order an item online – if the mistake is noticed before you have been contacted by the retailer to confirm the sale, there is no legally binding contract and it is within its rights to refuse the sale.

However, if your sale has been accepted, you can insist that the retailer sells you the goods for the price at which they were advertised. Which?, the consumer group, said that in this case you might be able to buy the same item elsewhere and claim against the original trader for the difference in price. To do this you should write to the retailer in the first instance, explaining what you are doing. If it doesn't agree to refund the money, you will normally have to take a claim to the small claims court (see box above).

The trader could try to argue that it made a mistake with the pricing, voiding the contract. But it would have to show that the price was so low that you must have known it was not genuine: for example, a new leather jacket with a price tag of £2.

I admit i'm wrong, i've just read my shopping consumer rights.

'The price tag was wrong, but the retailer has to honor it'

THE FACTS Unfortunately not. This is a case of "if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is". If you happen to spot something that is incorrectly priced you have no legal right to buy it for that price. If you get to the till and the sales assistant notices, the retailer is within its rights to refuse to sell it to you for that price. This is also the case if you order an item online – if the mistake is noticed before you have been contacted by the retailer to confirm the sale, there is no legally binding contract and it is within its rights to refuse the sale.

However, if your sale has been accepted, you can insist that the retailer sells you the goods for the price at which they were advertised. Which?, the consumer group, said that in this case you might be able to buy the same item elsewhere and claim against the original trader for the difference in price. To do this you should write to the retailer in the first instance, explaining what you are doing. If it doesn't agree to refund the money, you will normally have to take a claim to the small claims court (see box above).

The trader could try to argue that it made a mistake with the pricing, voiding the contract. But it would have to show that the price was so low that you must have known it was not genuine: for example, a new leather jacket with a price tag of £2.

Quit being a shit and get back on the topic.

Bike looks alright I guess. Carbon and shit innit.

• Like 3

I'm dead imprressed. It's cool that we've got a carbon option. The price is understandable; they're for the elite and over funded a new koxx isn't far off 2k and they haven't dramatically changed; they inch towards improvements but this is a big leap and it warrents the high cost.. In time carbon will become an absolute norm for everything; if dh can run carbon so can we... in fact mosy carbon dh frames are 2ce the cost of this full build... Not to be a tf bummer butsomeone needed to defend tthe thing haha

• Like 2

Well, the price at Tarty is a little overpriced compared to some spanish shops, but it is a very good and light bike, and can take a lot of abuse for sure.

From what i know, there was only 2 broken frames on the test year, one with Dani Comas, and one with Abel, but it can be a rumor.

If i had that money, well a lot more, i would by one.

And this is going to be probably the last Monty trials bike that will be produced, BH bikes buyed Monty Bikes and dont know if they will continue the brand.

Im pretty sure its been in the making for a number of years and the knowledge and design is second to none of course its going to command the highest price, saying that though i do think its overpriced like 90% of trials bikes. Would i buy one? Probably and i might do 7kg must feel stupidly light must be a joy riding it on the techy natural stuff.

I would love to know koxx and montys profit margin on their range of bikes though.

Edit: No mention of a warranty can someone clear that up for me?

Edited by i like cunning stunts
  • Like 1

Well, the price at Tarty is a little overpriced compared to some spanish shops.

The cost of the bikes from Monty for Spanish retailers isn't the same as the cost of the bikes from Monty for their foreign distributors, which isn't the same as the cost that Monty's distributors charge their retailers.