Tea or Coffee

Jake.

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preferred drink.

Random I know but was just discussing it with mates today, is tea or coffee better for you? Or neither? And why?

Read a few stuff online and I really cannot come to a conclusion haha.

Edited by Jake.

Have cup of tea to wake up to (got a vintage goblin teasmade from the 70s - an alarm clock that feeds you tea automatically!) and take one to work in a travel mug.

I drink water through the day and usually have a couple of cups of coffee when I get home after work. Pretty even with the amount we drink :)

what. what. what. what. what. what. what. what.

?!!??! tell me more. where do i get it?!

will it make coffee??

Get on eBay, the original goblin ones command a retro tax these days and can go for silly money, you can pick them up cheap though. You can get modern versions made by swan but they don't have the same charm :)

Essentially you fill the kettle up, put two tea bags in the pot and set the alarm. As it boils it pressurises the kettle which then syphons into the pot, brewing your tea. The alarm is offensive and WILL wake you up, it also turns a light on that really helps on dark mornings. I set the teasmade alarm for 6:45, my phone alarm for 6:50 to give 5 minutes brewing time.

The pot makes three mugs, if you pour the last of the kettle out you can get a fourth. If you put coffee in the pot it works fine, my parents have used one for morning coffee since the 70s so it's a pretty memorable thing for me.

• Like 1

I don't think it will wake me up I think it'll wake my parents up though.

Is this it? Haha looks so dodgy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goblin-Teasmade-model-860-/331153136994?pt=UK_Homes_Garden_Kitchen_Kettles&hash=item4d1a43dd62&autorefresh=true

Wasn't this done a few years ago?

I make proper coffee every day. Cafetiere, timing things, weighing things, all that shit.

Yeah probably was

I find it's really good for waking up, initially you get the low rumbling of the kettle coming onto boil, then as it pressurises it whistles through the lid and then sounds the alarm once it has syphoned the water.

I have this one, they all have retro styling as they're 40 years old now!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121296233825?nav=SEARCH

edit: if you get an original one the seal on the kettle element can perish and it causes the tea to taste horrible. I've replaced mine with a 1.5" id o-ring which seals fine and is good as new. The kettles are fully rebuildable so most problems can be solved, replacement pots and kettles come up on eBay regularly.

Edited by forteh

Well, in the mornings, coffee makes amazing thing for me.

from: "Ohh god, do not make me fall or else I am going to fall asleep on the pavement" it brings me to "Yes, I am in a class, I have no idea what we are doing here" and that is a huge thing, as I am not a morning person

In the afternoon, I like to get some tea with milk, as they have beautiful taste

Which one is better for me? Tea probably