Ross Clayton - Silence is the enemy TGS!

Rossy

Keep it up ross. Well good video. Was mint riding with you at the barn.

And anybody who thinks the yorkshire/Humber lot have an issue with seated trials, think again. I've had inspired/Marino/edd tongue and loved riding all of them. This is the result of an old argument which seems to keep getting dragged up and make us look like tossers. I can assure on behalf of all of us, we appreciate the spinny stuff as much as the hoppy stuff. So it would be nice if we don't keep being tarred with this brush.

Thanks

Dan chandler

Several of these clips are on my walk to work, reminds me why I quit haha. After 4 years of riding I couldn't so stuff close to half as big, good going lad. :)

Decathlon gap looks fecking terrifying, that was on my walk to uni. :P

Edited by Muel

I literally thought the whole street riders vs TGS thing was totally over? I haven't seen anyone comment negatively on each others videos about it for agggggggges. Only seems it was brought up by you which started this on this thread :P

Awesome video mate, ride soon :) can't wait for summer

• Like 1

I literally thought the whole street riders vs TGS thing was totally over? I haven't seen anyone comment negatively on each others videos about it for agggggggges. Only seems it was brought up by you which started this on this thread :P

Awesome video mate, ride soon :) can't wait for summer

Erm street riding is TGS dan haha I never intended of starting out just said that those with seats probs won't like it as there fussy! And we carnt all ride together as all they do it go to flat banks and stuff! Yeah nice one! May aswell go for the seated commute around London like last March haha! and yeah get your arse out dan not seen you in well over a year!!!!! Cheers hunz

Erm street riding is TGS dan haha I never intended of starting out just said that those with seats probs won't like it as there fussy! And we carnt all ride together as all they do it go to flat banks and stuff! Yeah nice one! May aswell go for the seated commute around London like last March haha! and yeah get your arse out dan not seen you in well over a year!!!!! Cheers hunz

I did laugh at the first bit, i'll give you that.

Second point. Did you not see the Phoenix Street Jam video? Yes, yes we can, and with great results.

This whole arguing nonsense saddens me.

If I was out riding and I saw another trials rider, could be a 24" street, 26" TGS, 20" Monty, 26" street, 24" TGS, a leech norco with front suspension - I would be over chatting, riding with and enjoying riding with someone who gives up their time to spend it doing something I'm incredibly passionate about.

Doesn't matter location. If you're a creative rider you'll find something anywhere.

I've always rode street as thats what was on offer to me growing up, and that technique and passion stayed.

This was before TGS was defined. We did taps gaps and sidehops riding street. We still do.

Whilst my riding may have been influenced and steered by the newer generation and style of street riding, my respect for TGS riders is forever apparent.

I am blown away by their abilities.

Whilst I would find myself enjoying a more street based style of video, I will still happily watch TGS videos.

It's a trials video. End of.

Was it not trials that we all, at some point fell in love with?

Seat or no seat - respect your fellow riders and enjoy the fact that someone elses brain is wired as yours is.

Edited by pashleyfaithfull
  • Like 3

If I was out riding and I saw another trials rider, could be a 24" street, 26" TGS, 20" Monty, 26" street, 24" TGS, a leech norco with front suspension - I would be over chatting, riding with and enjoying riding with someone who gives up their time to spend it doing something I'm incredibly passionate about.

Doesn't matter location. If you're a creative rider you'll find something anywhere.

I've always rode street as thats what was on offer to me growing up, and that technique and passion stayed.

This was before TGS was defined. We did taps gaps and sidehops riding street. We still do.

Whilst my riding may have been influenced and steered by the newer generation and style of street riding, my respect for TGS riders is forever apparent.

Whilst I would find myself enjoying a more street based style of video, I will still happily watch TGS videos.

Seat or no seat - respect your fellow riders and enjoy the fact that someone elses brain is wired as yours is.

This.

Good post .

Why dont all ''extreme sports'' individuals encourage eachother and respect one another instead of all this division stuff ?

Ego -In the sense that most people want to be superior and say their sport is the best bla bla bla

The division stuff just goes to show how limited and boxed in they are

This division is only going to get worse and worse in the future and it also expands in to other avenues untill war like mentality runs rampant.

Shit hot video ross that drop gapper over that rail at the start was mega .and that sheff drop gap to narrow wall (Thats when you know your a propper tgs rider) (l)

I ve got mixed feelings about your vid

Loads of respect because you go silly big and obviously take some risks

but I would have like a tiny bit more tech/relaxing/different moves

Not asking for a stan shaw vid obviously

but IMO a slight change could be hugely beneficial for your video quality

It's your vid a the end of the day

as long as you have fun, that's the main goal

Fair enough on that comment!! The big long one haha. But how can we ride together if people are just arrogant and don't talk to each other.. then we may aswell not ride together.. I appreciate all your comments anyway and will take stuff into consideration, and yes I've had a lot of fun getting away from the flags and dabs to make this video and this is the type of riding I will continue to do.

Fair enough on that comment!! The big long one haha. But how can we ride together if people are just arrogant and don't talk to each other.. then we may aswell not ride together.. I appreciate all your comments anyway and will take stuff into consideration, and yes I've had a lot of fun getting away from the flags and dabs to make this video and this is the type of riding I will continue to do.

Its easily overcome by being nice and accepting of all riders and styles...Sure you are going to come in to contact with those who do not wish to accept others and their disciplines but thats no reason to shun them .

trials would bennefit hugely if everyone droped their egos and realised that we all ride trials of some kind and should respect eachother encourage eachother and get on as best we can. ....Its a dinky community and all should stick together really........But its not just happening in trials its happening everywhere in everything -Thats what worries me. :ermm:

People are getting worse and worse and dont even realise what is happening -Because its happening in little bits that are not immediately noticeable ....if we went from kind loving people to hatred filled arseholes in one step people would notice ......But because its a bit by bit process it goes un noticed.

Humanity as a whole is fast going down the toilet -

coupple of years from now -people will be saying/asking themselves

How did we let it get this bad ?

Simple

ignorance!

Edited by Dave Anscombe
  • Like 1

The thing is, just because people do (roughly) the same sport doesn't mean that everyones automatically going to get on, there's still going to be clashes of personality.

I don't dislike TGS type riding, I think it can be pretty amazing. People like Matt Arkright are super good at TGS and I get on with him really well mainly because he's just a really nice guy. I've only briefly met Tunnicliffe but he seemed nice too.

The thing I don't like is when riders are inconsiderate to others (the public) which is something I've seen a few times.....mainly from northern riders. I was riding my home town once and one rider was attempting to sidehop a wall and kept on sliding to dropout, it was damaging the wall (not keen on that) and then an old man came over and politely asked him to stop as he was right next to the mans car. The rider told him to "f**k off" and then proceeded to stand over his bike, spin the wheel and honk his brake loudly for a while. I was embarrassed to be associated with that rider.

So yeah, don't think there's a hatred of types of riding from my behalf, I'm cool with watching any type of trials.

• Like 1