Covid19

Davetrials

I heard about this a couple of days ago, I've been waiting for news channels to report it but apparently it's not news worthy...you know, this thing that's crippled the world for two years, you'd think any news about how it happened would be front page material!

I'm convinced there's an ulterior motive. 

3 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

Theres worse stuff living in that beard

Wutchatryintosay? :blink: (Strokes luscious beard)

7 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

'LIke' is the wrong response but hope you guys don't come down too bad and get it over with nice and quickly.

Nope, you're just a heartless b*****d!

We're doing ok, just a bit flu like really. Kids have bounced back without any major issue :)

3 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

Theres worse stuff living in that beard

Silly phone double quoted!

Edited by forteh

On 15/09/2021 at 8:26 AM, Adam@TartyBikes said:

The nutritional info bit

I've been itching to add that, to my annoyance, when I last ordered my boxers from m&s I found my regular "M" to be about an inch too wide. I need an S now. I haven't changed dimensions (in.. 12years in fact, which in itself may be concerning too!).

I always felt like that was a way of getting people not to notice that they've gained weight by sitting at home all day...

In other covid nutjob news, I recently heard, in all earnest, that the whole lockdown solely was to keep people inside so that they don't see the government catch pigeons, which really are drones, to replace their batteries.

I 'get' conspiracy theories, but how one can go that far..:blink:

So three days into covid and most of the symptons have eased, personally only a mild cough, aching joints, burning sinuses and pain in the back of the eyeballs, bit of a runny nose and some sneezing but not much worse than a crappy cold.  Mrs wife has suffered more with her throat being red raw but she's always been very susceptible to tonsil and sinus pain, she's through the worst of it as well.  Kids couldn't really care less other than being off their food for a day or so!

Cold and flu drugs helped mostly, only needing two in the morning and two before bed to try to ease a nights sleep, hot ribena helped quite a lot :)

• Like 2

Glad to hear you're getting over it :) 

Just curious to hear peoples thoughts on Covid and the vaccines now that a bit more time has passed. Are you more in favour of the vaccines now than before? Maybe your opinion has stayed the same? Or perhaps you're now swinging the other way and are more against vaccines that you were a few months ago?

I'm now entirely bored of the whole thing. I'm double jabbed but being fit and healthy am not that fussed about being given any kind of booster or annual jab or whatever. We're now being asked to wear masks again in all common spaces in uni buildings and students are expected to wear masks in all lectures and labs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

I'm now entirely bored of the whole thing.

This. 

I’ve spent 18months or so in pretty dire working conditions whilst a good percentage of people weren’t giving a shit, or pissing about telling me it’s soooo hard being on furlough, and going abroad on holiday. Now we are back to “guidelines” and highest cases on the globe, and I’m not so inclined to give two shits either. The person most at risk in my family died this year so I guess incredibly selfishly, I don’t have to care that much. I’ll have whatever jab, and do whatever is mandatory, but optional? No.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

I'm now entirely bored of the whole thing. I'm double jabbed but being fit and healthy am not that fussed about being given any kind of booster or annual jab or whatever. We're now being asked to wear masks again in all common spaces in uni buildings and students are expected to wear masks in all lectures and labs. 

35 minutes ago, manuel said:

This. 

I’ve spent 18months or so in pretty dire working conditions whilst a good percentage of people weren’t giving a shit, or pissing about telling me it’s soooo hard being on furlough, and going abroad on holiday. Now we are back to “guidelines” and highest cases on the globe, and I’m not so inclined to give two shits either. The person most at risk in my family died this year so I guess incredibly selfishly, I don’t have to care that much. I’ll have whatever jab, and do whatever is mandatory, but optional? No.

I feel the same way. I've had my jabs. Didn't feel too great after them to be honest. Had a bit of chest pain but everything seems back to normal now for me.

I'm not interested in Booster Jabs. I just wanted to get the basic 2 jabs and forget about it.

I've said it before about getting the flu jab. I don't get that every year so I can't really see why I should get a Covid Jab. Especially when I had the full fat version and other than feeling pretty tired it wasn't too bad.

We're still masking up at work when moving around the offices or where we can't keep 2m apart, it's been like that since the first lockdown. There are only 14 people essentially running all of the company so if covid were to spread in the offices it could sink is so the MD has enforced the distancing and masking. It all makes perfect sense and we've had zero work related transmissions.

I've not stopped masking up in shops despite the guidelines and will continue to do so when I'm out of isolation on the 4th.  I'm not scared of it but as the vaccinations do nothing to affect transmission it seems illogical to pretend it's not there which a large proportion of people seem to think.

As above, in not interested in boosters, I've had two shots already, I think they helped as the infection experience wasn't too bad (I could have taken more painkillers to manage it better but in all honesty I couldn't be bothered).

I'll take the boosters as I'm suggested. Here it seems they're currently suggesting the elderly and at risk people get their boosters. I'm sure at some point this year I'll be eligible for mine working reail.

I really only have to wear a mask in hospitals or on public transport. Everything else is mask free if you're vaccinated.

The US seems to be coming out of the delta spike, to a very different situation as to what's happening in the UK.

But yeah, very sick and tired of it like everyone else.

I’m still unvaccinated and have no plans to get them.

Im noticing more comments on social media from people being vocal against the vaccines and how the media has presented info, I was just curious if that’s just my media showing me stuff that’s in my “bubble” or if these feelings are more widespread?

1 hour ago, Ali C said:

I’m still unvaccinated and have no plans to get them.

Im noticing more comments on social media from people being vocal against the vaccines and how the media has presented info, I was just curious if that’s just my media showing me stuff that’s in my “bubble” or if these feelings are more widespread?

Same here.

I'm not being vocal about it other than with likeminded people. I did have to tell my company a few weeks back, but everyone was OK with it and didn't question it (I guess they can't, really).

There's a lot less anger / hate directed at the unvaccinated now, so I think the hype is dying down finally.

• Like 1

Our company is now offering $100 giftcard if you get vaccinated. But certainly no requirements to get vaccinated.

I don't really think that less people are vocal about people who aren't getting vaccinated is a sign of acceptance, but I see (like Mike said) the hype dying down. People still have their opinions I'm sure.