My Gears are Starting to Tremble

aener

Appropriate song title is appropriate.
I started filming but I'm barely riding these days, and it looks like I won't be able to for the foreseeable future, so I stopped and made it with what I had.
I've lost about 40% of my strength and 70% of my confidence so can't go big or good any more, so I set a new threshold of "if it elicits a smirk or giggle, film it", so that's what this is.
Having said that, I'm pretty happy with it for having lost 110% of my riding abilities.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, aener said:

Ah the post I foresaw as soon as I saw the username.

As always, brutally irritating.

Irritatingly correct though. 

I’m a big fan of yours, as you know. I just wish I or anyone else could help you find the self confidence you deserve to have as the ridiculously talented human being that you are. 

I'm sorry you don't like context.
I also said "Having said that, I'm pretty happy with it", so... yeah.

For your future reference, if instead of going for Likes for being snarky on a forum you ever actually do want to help someone with mental health issues, especially one you suspect is rooted in self esteem/confidence - and I can't believe I'm having to point this out - taunting them is not the way to do it.

Edited by aener
  • Like 1

Nowt wrong with those riding abilities!! Looked really controlled and smooth and techy.. great to watch as always. What tyres are you running these days... I am finding the Rubens are not easy to get hold of, was looking at either aitkens 2.45 or the eclat morrow tyre.. tried either or got a different suggestion?

1 hour ago, Matt24. said:

Nowt wrong with those riding abilities!! Looked really controlled and smooth and techy.. great to watch as always. What tyres are you running these days... I am finding the Rubens are not easy to get hold of, was looking at either aitkens 2.45 or the eclat morrow tyre.. tried either or got a different suggestion?

I really didn't like the Fly tyres.

I'm currently on Haro Catapults. They're skinny, and not very good against punctures, but really grippy and have such a direct feel. I really really like them and think I'll be trying out tubelessing them to try and circumvent the puncture issue. Becausr they're only a 2.1, they're really light, and because they've sold millions to dirt jumpers over the years, they're also really cheap :)

Not tried either of those others you mentioned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aener said:

I'm sorry you don't like context.
I also said "Having said that, I'm pretty happy with it", so... yeah.

For your future reference, if instead of going for Likes for being snarky on a forum you ever actually do want to help someone with mental health issues, especially one you suspect is rooted in self esteem/confidence - and I can't believe I'm having to point this out - taunting them is not the way to do it.

You’re right, sorry. Keep being awesome. 

One clarification though: I couldn’t give a f**k less about likes.

I only just shaved today and by the time you were over with that static at 1:10 my beard had grown up again! I liked the mix of doing something playful on a wee kerb and in the next clip you’re doing a 1.40cm hook up.

Super chilled, well controlled and enjoyable to watch!