Ben Travis - Project 1 2012

ben_travis

I started 2012 with a desire to make a brakeless video again. The last time was short and sweet, however now I am a little more used to riding streety bikes I felt it was about the right time to try and come up with something.

So here is my no-frills edit, just me, my inspired, and a camera.

Thanks to Dave @ Inspired / Trialtech for the support since I switched to the inspired. Also wanted to put out a thanks to Tarty Bikes. While I am no longer a team rider, their support since I can remember has been greatly appreciated. I would NOT recommend any other shop for your trials needs.

EDIT: I also forgot to thank everyone for filming, and putting up with endless frustration of not quite getting things how I wanted...

I'd appreciate any comments / thoughts. Video linked here....

Misconceptions Blog

Edited by ben_travis
  • Like 2

Yes, 1st comment tongue.gif

Yeah, Ben. Was sick. Definitely looked like an effort to film. But it paid off well, with decent lines and all mixed up. Big and small stuff included.

Was about time there was another decent street video released. People should put as much effort into there's as you did this thumbsupanim.gif

That was excellent. Really smooth and lots of brave moves. I like how brakeless riding makes the smallest of stuff interesting, but it's something else to ride it on such a large scale. I really liked the tap up to front and the manual line at the sea front!

I'll start by saying I wasn't satisfied.

I mean sure, the riding was really smooth, it was clear you put a lot of effort into the lines, the edit was really slick, the bike looked sick, there was a good mix of gnarliness and technical razzmatazz and it made me super pumped about this spring/summers riding and filming...

But, it was over way too quick. I would have preferred it if the video was at least 5 times as long. What's even worse is that there won't be another brakeless one until next year?!

You're such a tease.

• Like 1

Cheers for all the comments guys. Didn't expect that kind of reaction from anyone.

Really appreciated.

Sam - I laughed at your comment. If I am honest man, I will be back on brakeless as soon as possible, just depends on doing shows. On top of that I have a number of things I'd like to do that require me to at least have a back brake.

Like not riding into people carriers?

Lol.

I really enjoyed that Ben. All round great.

The kicker roll over bit was my fave, just looked awesome.

More please.

Edit: just discovered where I had heard the music before. Cobra.

Loved the editing Ben. Even the steps you make in your fall at 0.53ish go to the beat. Thats pro right there.

I take my hat off to those manuals, especially the fakie one to SH.

Mr Macaskill not only has a talent for riding but for filming too! Very nice shots taken on the acorn with the back lighting. (Y)

Edit: just discovered where I had heard the music before. Cobra.

Yea - I almost didnt use the song because the cobra advert started using the song. There have been a number of TV programs using it recently as well. Infuriating but nevermind.

Nick - riding into people carriers wasnt intended but added to the ambiance...

Cheers ross. It has taken far too long, but hopefully the next one will be around quicker.