The Car Thread

MadManMike

Some new bits for the Scirocco :D (kevlar sheet's nothing to do with it, it's a sump guard test/demonstration sample from work):

487666_10151502860329855_1208075407_n.jp

Looking forward to getting them fitted. They're really quite hard, which I was kind of expecting and don't really mind. I'm not going to fit all the engine mount ones, just the ones that control rotation, not the weight bearing ones. The Steering rack's already got poly mounts, but I may fit these anyway, as they're quite a bit stiffer than the ones I fitted.

Nick, yes! Definitely get the mini going, do it now!

Going back to the cheap eBay coilover discussion (Again, I know, sorry)...

I'm still looking to get a set to drop the Leon by 40mm, most likely next month. With regards to ride, is it likely to improve handling?

What can I expect the ride to be like?

Reason I ask is because that Civic Shuttle I posted in here a while back is lowered 60mm and just sticks to the road, it's crazy. The 60mm drop is uncomfortable on long journeys and over any bumps, I'm hoping the 40mm will be a little more forgiving.

Buy something Japanese and interesting.

No thanks, I couldn't live with any less than 200lbft as a daily driver and have no interest in paying £1200 to insure a Skyline or Supra.

E30 is looking good at the moment, I just hope it is more solid than the last one I looked at.

Edited by Pashley26

Going back to the cheap eBay coilover discussion (Again, I know, sorry)...

I'm still looking to get a set to drop the Leon by 40mm, most likely next month. With regards to ride, is it likely to improve handling?

What can I expect the ride to be like?

Reason I ask is because that Civic Shuttle I posted in here a while back is lowered 60mm and just sticks to the road, it's crazy. The 60mm drop is uncomfortable on long journeys and over any bumps, I'm hoping the 40mm will be a little more forgiving.

I got some JOMs on my Golf Estate - improvement isn't vast in terms of handling but nevertheless improved over stock suspension, the ride is firm but it is pretty low at the moment, (more than -40mm drop at a guess - check the pics I uploaded around start of Feb)

BUT - for road use and purely for the purpose for looks and good value for money it's pretty good. Done a few long journeys and girlfriend and mates think it's not too bouncy. I've known a few people that's had the same set for a few years and still going strong and also some mixed bad reviews out there, bit hit and miss I think with quality control but they are dirt cheap new..

I'd say for road use, go for it, it gives you the flexibility to change the ride height, springs are good mind you, but you'll wear down the standard shocks a lot quicker so depends on what condition they're in?

My Fiesta had Eibachs Pro Kit's and they are a real good balance for looks and ride, the ride was hardly compromised and the performance is fairly noticeable, its just not low enough. Then again, it was already a much better chassis then my MK4 Golf so I would think it handles better....

Steve

I got some JOMs on my Golf Estate - improvement isn't vast in terms of handling but nevertheless improved over stock suspension, the ride is firm but it is pretty low at the moment, (more than -40mm drop at a guess - check the pics I uploaded around start of Feb)

BUT - for road use and purely for the purpose for looks and good value for money it's pretty good. Done a few long journeys and girlfriend and mates think it's not too bouncy. I've known a few people that's had the same set for a few years and still going strong and also some mixed bad reviews out there, bit hit and miss I think with quality control but they are dirt cheap new..

I'd say for road use, go for it, it gives you the flexibility to change the ride height, springs are good mind you, but you'll wear down the standard shocks a lot quicker so depends on what condition they're in?

My Fiesta had Eibachs Pro Kit's and they are a real good balance for looks and ride, the ride was hardly compromised and the performance is fairly noticeable, its just not low enough. Then again, it was already a much better chassis then my MK4 Golf so I would think it handles better....

Steve

Cool, that's pretty much what I wanted to hear.

Looks like I'll go for the full kit, as I'll want to put it back to standard when I come to sell it - would rather not ruin the standard suspension and have to buy more.

Yeah the Golf is looking pretty good man, I'm not looking to go that low, just want my car to look less like a beach buggy haha.

Cheers for the feedback.

No thanks, I couldn't live with any less than 200lbft as a daily driver and have no interest in paying £1200 to insure a Skyline or Supra.

Yet the E30 you want only has 169lbft. Best pass on that one then.....

I was referring to your nice custom seats in the Audi. ;)

That's OK then Tips. (Y):lol:

Apologies for coming across a little abrupt, yesterday was a bad day. Today is not likely to be any better, but at least I realise this :lol:

Jardo:

1128750.jpg

Maths: You're doing it wrong.

• Like 4