The Car Thread

MadManMike

Google's pretty shit at finding car carpet dye, and indeed what car carpet's made of.

http://www.dylon.co.uk/product.php?alias=fabric-dye-for-hand-use&products=product-info&alias-product=woodland-brown#instruction'>Here's some hand dye. I found some tips on there, and it can't dye man-made fibres, so that's no good.

Edited by Revolver

Could be making the purchase of a cupra 03 plate for fairlt cheap mate is moving abroad for work so is offering me it for 2k just mot only 67000 miles just had cam belt ect done. Looking to keep it at the parents and strip.it out and track it while keeping the audi as a daily.

sort of power can these things make for say 2k of mods?

• Like 1

Totally agree with you there about power if the car cant handle it well. Its the 180bhp so just a ko3 I think. But yeh brakes new seats remap and tyres would definetly be on the list and strip out what is not needed.

any common issues with these cars I knew a few people off here are running them.

Yeah, if you have a ~4k budget I'd try and pick up an R as you'll end up switching half the car to LCR kit anyway :P

If however you have a £2k budget now and will be doing another £2k of mods over a longer timeframe rather than in one hit then sounds like a reasonably good way of getting involved. Welcome to the fold either way :)

I agree with the others; get an R if you're serious about it. That cupra sounds too good to molester into a track car! £2k of mods on a Cupra won't get you very far for a track car. Out of the box, they are pretty crap on track really. Ideally you'd want ~£500 on Brembo brakes, ~£700 on decent coilovers (not the crap ebay generic shit), ~£200 on a rear anti roll bar, ~£3-400 on a set of decent track tyres...and that's most of your budget gone without changing the power at all.

I've probably spent £10k on mine, and would say there's still a great deal of things I could do to make it a "good" track car. Just ask Prawn how much he's spent to get to where he is now...just be prepared to wince!

You'd be better of with something like an mx5 or a saxo or something along those lines for a track car, would be FAR better for the money, and would be a lot more fun.

:)

They're just 18", tyres are pretty wide though, measured them at 260 (250 claimed) front and rear. Going to have unreal grip, however the most challenging thing about that is actually knowing you have it and using it.

BTW, got sent this, 00:50 is the interesting part.

Car is booked in to have my braided hoses fitted and bled, new front caliper to be fit and camber bolts to go in the front along with a alignment.

In other news, why do throttle bodies sound so epic and why are they so expensive for Clios...

• Like 1

Stone RS2 my man. :)

I have a friend selling a complete kit for £850.

And it has been totally annodized red, apart from the penis of cause.

The reason ITB's sound so good is because you can hear each individual phase of the pistons cycle through an individual "port" if you will. Bwaaaarrrrrrp.

Edited by Pashley26
  • Like 1

That's a bargain, unfortunately, I've just paid for my holiday or I'd be all over it. If he has it at the end of the month I will take it, 100%.

Edit: I'm actually going to see James @ Stone to get the above bits done.

Edited by Haz