The Car Thread

MadManMike

Off to the Bristol launch of the MK4 MX-5 this evening. Seen loads of them at various events already, but will be good to get a closer look - the free food and champagne should be good too.

Seriously considering a MK4 daily, so I can strip the Eunos and have it purely as a track toy...

• Like 1

Fitted a beefed up RARB to the Saab yesterday. Quite surprised at the difference its made. What would be next logical step on a fwd to help with handling issues?

Alignment, tyres (IMO).

Turns out that car I bought has a Mazdaspeed exhaust and 4-2-1 manifold... that's about £350's worth right there...

• Like 2

The only points of mine that are stainless are the 4-2-1 manifold and the rear tip. The de-cat, mid pipe and backbox are all mild steel - I guess that's the problem.

Being made of 4 different exhaust brands, although all new, probably doesn't help either!

My engine is now out, the clutch is very mangled! The new one has arrived so hopefully I can get that fitted later today (got other jobs to do first). Nothing in there looks untoward so fingers crossed it should be fairly easy to reassemble once the input shaft is back in (that'll be the hardest part). Reassembly is about 3-4 hours so hopefully tomorrow i'll have it running again.

2015-08-27%2020.02.40%20HDR_zps1v3b8kp4.

2015-08-28%2013.00.26_zpsfo40wq0n.jpg

Edited by CurtisRider
  • Like 1