The Car Thread

MadManMike

I'm working on Ashley's stream gallopers (google it) and a set of chairoplanes (both owned by Jack Schofield, an independent showman) at the county of salop steam engine society show at Onslow park. Been a summertime carny for 18 years now (f**k, that's half my life!) and it's a good excuse to book time out of the office to get dirty in a field :D

I'm not hugely up an engines to be honest, certainly a rich mans game though!

Never took many pictures of my car but decided to actually take some earlier this evening. it's very dirty, just saying.

Wrapped most of the interior the other day, lowered it, worked at a company known as cybox for a while and did a custom exhaust for it, decat 4-1 manny (nothing special at all), rear wing added, VXR wheels, k&n filter, done lots of little bits and bobs along the way but can't do much more without spending a fortune and would rather get something that is more powerful and handles much better. Some pics and a wee vid, opinions of it are welcomed.

• Like 1

Fake badge ****head I know but I'm not really arsed, there's a chip in the grill behind the badge and the VXR's come with a badge roughly in that place so I thought why not, problem?

Well, honestly, yes. Why badge it up as a VXR?

Same as BMW's with M badges, Merc's with AMG badges etc...

You did ask for opinions, otherwise I'd have not said anything.

• Like 2

I drove a 106 1.5D yesterday. How the f**k do you drive those things, I went over a cat's eye and thought I was going to die.

Also, lol at the fake VXR.

I've never had the pleasure.

Joking aside the diesel 106's are a tragedy on wheels ~15 seconds to 60 iirc. Get yourself behind the wheel of a 106 gti and you'll see.

I've never had the pleasure.

Joking aside the diesel 106's are a tragedy on wheels ~15 seconds to 60 iirc. Get yourself behind the wheel of a 106 gti and you'll see.

In fairness the Saxo VTR/VTS' are a nippy little thing too, but equally awful being the same chassis

Werd.

2 minutes opening the garage and getting jack/stands out.

2 minutes jacking the car with the widowmaker so I could get the trolley jack under the car (stupid skirt design...)

2 minutes removing the wheel.

10 seconds diagnosing the problem and putting it right.

2 minutes refitting the wheel and lowering jacks.

2 minutes puttingeverything away again.

:-

Hey Luke, I went through this bullshit aswell. Keep a couple of small (1-2" thick) planks in the boot. Park on them, then go straight for the proper jack.

Got a load to do with the civic over the next few weeks.

Standard inlet, injectors, aem fuel rail and regulator

Source rear bumper, spray VTi-S rear lip

Coilovers

Arbs

282 brake upgrade, prelude callipers, decent pads

Rear ek4 vti disc conversion

Front bumper, grille and ek9 front lip

JDM ek9 ecu

Replace bodged engine loom with an un-damaged preface lift loom.

Source passenger side recaro evo

Modify my EG Corbeau seat rails to suit

Nardi wheel

Remove and sort sunroof delete

Loads to do, can't wait

In fairness the Saxo VTR/VTS' are a nippy little thing too, but equally awful being the same chassis

The 106's have a thicker RARB and different shocks I think, not that it makes the slightest bit of difference. Mine rolls like nobody's business.

I'd like to lower it by ~40mm and put it on some much stiffer coilovers and I think it would be a fun little thing to drive.