The Car Thread

MadManMike

Hate it when that happens! Some people are just thoughtless and rude

Jolfa, I have researched further and the really cheap ones aren't worth the hassle it seems :(

I've been ordering lots of little pieces for my Porsche, I can't wait to get the old thing back together! The steering will hopefully be a bit smoother and lighter after its rebuild and hopefully the cabin will look that little bit tidier now that all the wiring isn't hanging about everywhere!

Was an hour out of my way into Blackburn, was worth it for the money we'd agreed. Arrived at the agreed time to be told he'd sold it because he'd been offered £5 more. He'll loose that through postage! 

I work at one of the schools in Stapenhill, I live in Nottingham though so shifting myself over to Derby wouldn't be an issue. Is it mainly modern stuff at the meets or are old things acceptable?

Which one out of curiosity? We have a load of road safety/fire safety talks coming up in schools in the next couple of months! 
Nono there was a good choice of cars old and new i think there was something older than my Renault, unfortunately a few of owners count 'good modifying' as spraying some callipers and adding stickers, but there was all 4 car parks filled! i think there is one coming up rather soon, and the show at Uttoxeter race course.  

Anyone have any idea why my car is a cnut when starting it when the engine is warm? it ALWAYS needs choke to start...? First pre 90's car i have had.

It's actually a bit sheddy in terms of cosmetics, but that suits me fine, I feel less bad about abusing it that way :lol: The bits on it are solid though, and it has a few nice 'surprises' that weren't on the listing... like 4 pot alloy calipers on the rear, a nice ATB limited slip diff and a billet sump. The last one I had was probably a bit less nice than this one and it could have sold 5 times over at £5k, had 3 enquiries about it in the last week :huh:

That looks like a little bit of fun Adam!

Picked up a horizontal bandsaw and engine stand for £40 this evening, this means my current band saw (same model ) can be made into a vertical one for sheet steel. 

2016-05-03%2020.14.04_zps6upz6v9p.jpg

Quick clean and some paint in areas and it should look decent! Engine stand will come in useful too, the one I built doesn't have any wheels...

• Like 1

Yeah both work fine, realised I left the handle for the stand in the guys garage though!

After a few van loads I have the following stuff:

Gabro Sheet metal folder

DSC_0543_zpsifgesxku.jpg

Floor standing polisher that I have converted to single phase

DSC_0544_zpsdhikcub8.jpg

Lathe that I have converted to single phase (just need to make a panel for the switch, came with loooooads of accessories)

DSC_0545_zps472jgi0n.jpg

Axminster mortiser

DSC_0548_zpsgsjvl9h3.jpg

Anvil+loads of shaping tools

DSC_0562_zpszhyzu53b.jpg

Flat steel bender (can do up to 10mm)

DSC_0600_zpsqiryseez.jpg

Record tube bender

DSC_0602_zpsskcdsyn9.jpg

Gabro metal shear (has a stand too)

DSC_0561_zpshjz7xoh4.jpg

Axminster Roller/brake press

DSC_0560_zpskr8acjpo.jpg

Then loads of hardwoods, loads of 3M lengths of steel of varying profiles, racking and some workbenches 

All for the cost of 2 days van hire :D

There is loads more, I just didn't photograph it...

Edited by CurtisRider
  • Like 7