The Car Thread

MadManMike

Standard exhaust manifold fitted. Feels and sounds much happier! More ground clearance and the pick up from low to midrange has improved noticeably. 

Much more subtle tone as against a deep Subaru like throb which makes it far easier to drive quietly. Well worth it, and for only £15.00 it's a bargain. 

• Like 1

The standard mani is a 4-2-1, my old stainless item being 4-1. 

The 4-1 I had was awful. Hung far too low, as a result the lower runners were flattened from meeting the floor and there were cracks everywhere. Porting was awful. Generally a shit bit of kit. The difference in going to the standard mani is quite shocking! 

Well its been many a year and many cars since i last posted to T-F.
This is one of the current cars, if anyone has any parts from back in day sitting in the back of their garage/shed, let me know!

Renault 5 1.1 Campus, nearly rustless, cut springs, loud, low and fun car. The car is an original midlands car, bought locally and kept locally. 60k on the clocks.

(very soon)PLANS!
Lupo/polo 6n2 coilovers (mk1 fits but i had these spare) they just need the bottom hole reaming out and some washers to fit
BBS mahle 13x6 (reamed out centres to fit the silly french sizing)
New drivers door
New front plate
Yellow headlight tints
Fix exhaust, its been key banged and blew a hole in the zorst, but sounds so f**king cool, i might straight pipe it.

Longer term plans
ovloV b18f maybe t maybe not, mated to the standard 4 speed box
respray if i can be bothered

Doubt anyone cares but ill keep posting pics as i go :)

P.S anyone with a VW UP and wants some coilys, i have a set going cheap as f**k. 

ze 5 blavkbumpers.jpg

ze 5 alive.jpg

Ze 5.jpg

Edited by TROYston
edit the infos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CurtisRider said:

What are the meets like out Burton way? I work there but wasn't aware of much of a scene

There is a fairly big car scene in burton and the surrounding shit holes, me mainly drive to Derby for the pride Park 'local car meets' meet and Derby dubs, which is just bring any car. The LCM Meet has a pretty damn good turnout! 

Where abouts do you work chief? 

I need some advice on european breakdown cover. Have got another years contract so plan is drive the car from aberdeen to italy  in june and have a mini euro road trip with the misus on the way over. Will be getting the car serviced and mot to give it a clean bill of health but im still not 100 percent sure shell make it haha.

With looking to get some good track time done over here also anything could go wrong. 

Is anyone able to recommend good cover that worst case scenario engine or anything major goes i could get the car recovered back my adress in the uk? And carry on my journey with the misus or if it broke down here i could also ask for it to be taken back to uk also.

All you need is a bag of zip ties, a basic tool kit and spare fluids, you'll be fine :D

In interstellar mileage reliability news, our camper with its 101 niggles just went straight through its 6 monthly MOT equivalent with no advisories :D !

Edited by Jolfa

I changed my Astras fuel filter the other day, on the way back from work I noticed a diesel smell and it turns out rather a lot of diesel was coming out of the housing. The o ring supplied with the filter was thinner than the previous one and therefore wasn't sealing. Quick swap back to the old one and it is all good. 

Has anybody had any experience with those cheap (often £15-20) bluetooth headunits on eBay? I want to minimise the wires on my dash and I like the idea of not having to plug anything in however I'm reluctant to spend much as it doesn't bother me enough to pay £100 for a branded one. My current one also keeps telling me i'm a 'failure' and flashes it on the screen repeatedly... 

FFS, had a close look at my rear bumper again today because more paint has been coming off after every drive. Now the bumper has a bloody crack in it and I still don't know what's causing it.. :S
Probably someone kicking it in the garage when the walk past.. lol