The Angry Thread.

Blake

• 2 weeks later...

Failed to understand during a recent London visit how I was able to get an impressive 4G network whilst travelling on the jubilee line from Canning Town to Westminster watching YouTube content, but struggled to get decent 4G/5G when outside on the streets.

• 3 weeks later...

Really hope the behind the scenes politics doesn't get involved in tonights Grand final.

Ireland Bambi Thug had to remove a tattoo on left side of her face before her semi final performance. 

On 5/16/2024 at 3:13 PM, MadManMike said:

Why does this make you angry?

Without taking the pun literally, the government has been back pedalling the victorian law for too long

What's The Victorian Law?

Road users use the roads therefore have to obey the rules of their usage, whether you're on a bike or in a lorry. The fact this isn't already law is a joke. If "The Victorian Law" says to the contrary then I think it SHOULD be gone back on.
The flip side of that is that they should also all be protected by it. I ride to work and nearly get killed every single morning, and again on the way home, purely because people, at best, don't look, at worst, intentionally cut me off/up / sideswipe me into a ditch.
I stop at red lights, use cycle paths and don't think I'm physically capable of breaking the speed limit. Even if I used a headcam and had evidence nothing would happen.

The big problem they will have in policing this (it won't get through anyway, so no matter) is that bicycles don't have speedometers, so there's no way to know if you're doing 20 or 23.
I think it SHOULD be a law, and cyclists SHOULD obey the rules of the road, but the speed aspect specifically is problematic.
If you hit and injure someone on a bike, the consequences should be the same as if you were in a car. I never even thought that WASN'T the case :lol:

Edited by aener

Bought a new dirt frame.

I asked the guy for the condition and I asked explicitly for dent, cracks or deformation.

He said there was none.

I received the frame today and the seat tube is cracked and deformed.

I asked for a refund. The guy first gesture was 30 Euros... For a frame I paid 300 with cranks, seat post, headset and a disc rotor.

He went up to 50euros.

I think it is still unfair and he does not want to get the frame back (I even proposed to bear  the shipping cost).

He said the damage was visible on the pics.

I did not used PayPal unfortunately.

I am tempted to lodge a complaint (not too complicated here in Germany).

What do you think?

IMG_20240521_122734998_HDR.jpg

IMAGE_6eabd5d4-0d1d-4ea0-be5e-d466731e720e.jpg

IMAGE_448e03b8-d304-4c75-bdfc-8ac9bcdcc532.jpg