The Angry Thread.

Blake

• 2 weeks later...

This was for work, of course. I had a nice month-long stay there. Was pretty amazed there was almost no place locally to eat, except a kebab place. Plenty of places to drink though. I would say it was a pretty bad first impression of England! :laugh:

Probably one of my weirder times in life, and strangely felt more foreign to me than any other experience I've had in some 40 different countries.

Edited by US_BenR

1 hour ago, US_BenR said:

This was for work, of course. I had a nice month-long stay there. Was pretty amazed there was almost no place locally to eat, except a kebab place. Plenty of places to drink though. I would say it was a pretty bad first impression of England! :laugh:

Probably one of my weirder times in life, and strangely felt more foreign to me than any other experience I've had in some 40 different countries.

Yeah for the most part it's just an industrial area. Plenty of great food and drink in Bristol, but that's really not a "going out" kinda place.

Did you get to check out other areas or did you just stay local?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I being naïve for thinking that in a flatshare there's no reason for a washing machine cycle lasting longer than an hour? My flatmate better be going somewhere real special to have warranted this two and a half hour spin... We've been without a washing machine for 11 days so my logic was we should all do some quick spins but guess he had other ideas. 

Our machine has a 28min quick cycle which is pretty much all that's ever used.

16 hours ago, bikeperson45 said:

Am I being naïve for thinking that in a flatshare there's no reason for a washing machine cycle lasting longer than an hour? My flatmate better be going somewhere real special to have warranted this two and a half hour spin... We've been without a washing machine for 11 days so my logic was we should all do some quick spins but guess he had other ideas. 

Your flatmate sounds like a piece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since the pandemic, I've been working from home full time so I've become extremely well aquainted with our washing machine.

30 degrees is basically a rinse, the clothes smell fine when they come out, but they get stinky way faster than if I do them at 40. My gym clothes have to go in at 60 though. Temperature seems to be more important than the length of the cycle, so I solely use the 45min quick wash. It's more important to get the clothes properly clean so you can wear them twice IMO and thus cut your washing volume down by 50% (apart from underwear and socks, that would be grim).

Good luck to you.

• Like 2

30° washes are the devils work, doesn't clear out the bacteria anywhere near as well.  @Muel be aware that washing synthetics at 60° can actually bake the smell into them, to keep them smelling fresh wash them with dettol laundry cleanser and then use 40° synthetic cycles.  Time is the critical component really.

I've spent best part of 7 years washing nappies, I know a thing or two about getting smells out :D

21 hours ago, forteh said:

30° washes are the devils work, doesn't clear out the bacteria anywhere near as well.  @Muel be aware that washing synthetics at 60° can actually bake the smell into them, to keep them smelling fresh wash them with dettol laundry cleanser and then use 40° synthetic cycles.  Time is the critical component really.

I've spent best part of 7 years washing nappies, I know a thing or two about getting smells out :D

Oh yeh don't worry, only my cotton gym stuff goes in at 60. Synthetics have a seperate wash at 40. (Says 30 on them but it doesn't actually work, they got really stinky so I switched to 40. No shrinkage yet).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

I meant the wash cycle, not the kids :wink:

No judgement for what folk do on the latter regardless. Besides, Aneurin can't be 3 yet, right?

My Rainbird wit detector is obviously faulty!

He's 4 in March :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our ISP is Virgin.
£24/month for the past two years as an entry deal.
They just sent a message saying "your time's up, as of next month you're paying £47.50/month for the same service."
Quick look online at prices for ammo.
Ring up and state "No, if you don't sort it we're more than happy to leave you for a rival."
They immediately reduce the new price to £25/month.

A few years ago I would've been far too scared to ring up and complain, so would've gotten shafted.
There's so many people out there that wouldn't want to, know to, or be able to make that call.

I f**king loathe this culture we live in.
The meek get shit on from every direction whilst the arrogant get rewarded.
I despise that I've learned to be one of them in instances like this, but I also can't afford not to.

• Like 3

Our multicover insurance is a good one for us- renewal comes through, give them a ring and they knock off around 20% of the premium just for ringing up (on an £800 policy it's very much worth it (that's two cars, a van and the home insurance btw)). Breakdown cover used to be another one- I'd annually just switch betwee nthe AA, RAC, Green Flag or whoever had the 'new customer' deal. I've sacked that off now and just stick with AutoAid who are far cheaper for a better service but even their prices have increased quite significantly over the past few years...

3 hours ago, aener said:

I f**king loathe this culture we live in.
The meek get shit on from every direction whilst the arrogant get rewarded.
I despise that I've learned to be one of them in instances like this, but I also can't afford not to.

Its awful isn't it, we had a cull recently of all our subscriptions and monthly stuff we either don't use or wanted to swap as we were wasting too much money.

We cancelled now TV and they offered a £15 a month service for £2.99 for 12 months, how is that right!?