The Angry Thread.

Blake

I totally agree buddy, as I say your not in the wrong with it. I was exactly the same and stood my ground over £480 as its not right, I was told the same thing that once the issue is resolved I would be in credit the energy I hadn't used.

Needless to say its biting me in the arse now I'm looking to move house and the last time I wanted a new phone contract.

3 hours ago, Tom Booth said:

I totally agree buddy, as I say your not in the wrong with it. I was exactly the same and stood my ground over £480 as its not right, I was told the same thing that once the issue is resolved I would be in credit the energy I hadn't used.

Needless to say its biting me in the arse now I'm looking to move house and the last time I wanted a new phone contract.

I decided to give them a call again today. The first guy flat out hung up on me haha I must have struck a nerve.

The second lady was very hard to understand but she ended up telling me that my new energy company didn't send a gas reading so they just estimated it. She challenged me when I said I hadn't used any gas in 2 months and was pretty condescending. I told her the gas reading hasn't changed and they can estimate it again but with the correct reading. I was persistent and told them I wanted to see the email they had from my new supplier showing the readings. They said they can't do anything from their end I had to call up my new supplier and tell them to send the readings to them. I said they can do it themselves. They are in contact with my supplier so they can ask for the actual reading.

The best they could do ended up being them opening a dispute which would take 6-8 weeks haha. I said to them they can do what they like it doesn't bother me not having to pay them for another 6-8 weeks. I said what shall I do with the bill they sent out and she said just ignore it haha.

They act like they can't do anything but they clearly can. I wouldn't mind if it was the people on the phone actually getting the money but its not its the company they work for that's ripping them off. I'm half tempted to get a job for EON and find out all their little dirty tricks and procedures they use to get more money out of people.

Anyway Rant over lets see what the bastards come up with next.

15 hours ago, Al_Fel said:

The best they could do ended up being them opening a dispute which would take 6-8 weeks haha. I said to them they can do what they like it doesn't bother me not having to pay them for another 6-8 weeks. I said what shall I do with the bill they sent out and she said just ignore it haha.

Yeah, BG told us that as a dispute was opened we didn't have to pay our bill, although they kept sending those reminders...  Pack of f**ks.

The saga continues

I emailed AVRO asking what readings they sent to EON the gas was 1894 (should be 1890). My online account shows the last reading being 1804.

When I was speaking to EON they told me they didn't have a reading for the gas so they estimated it. So I don't understand where they get their information from? AVRO have the correct reading on my account but the final reading they sent to EON is wrong. EON said they didn't get a final reading from AVRO for the gas but AVRO have showed me the final readings they sent to EON which states 1894 for the gas.

What I can gather is none of them know their arse hole from their elbow and they are happy to just send bills out willy nilly and expect you to just pay them. If it was the other way round and I was giving false readings and messing them about like this I'd get in trouble. All they do is say sorry it was an error and that's it.

Just think of the millions of people that they owe money to, meanwhile all that pot of cash is sat in a bank account earning interest for them.  Bulb are the first supplier I've used in the 18 years of owning my house that have actively reduced the bill without prompting :)

• Like 1

Another Bulb customer here. Been great so far. Bills have reduced massively compared to what BG were charging us.
Also super easy to talk to on the phone, and the referral code has saved us even more money as my mum and bro have also switched

• Like 1

I have an infection in my groin. Been given Flucloxacillin and told that if it doesn't get any better in two days, I'll need surgery.

That sucks already, but it also means I'll not be able to fly to Malaysia on the 13th.

And, that also means I'll lose about £1,500 as it's all paid for and we haven't got insurance yet :(  (Yeah, I know...)

13 minutes ago, forteh said:

The obvious answer is to burn it out with the hottest chillies available

and video it :)

Usually I would agree with you, but I'm not sure that it's the answer for this one.

I do have a couple of food challenges lined up, just struggling to actually buy them!

On 03/02/2020 at 4:19 PM, MadManMike said:

I have an infection in my groin. Been given Flucloxacillin and told that if it doesn't get any better in two days, I'll need surgery.

That sucks already, but it also means I'll not be able to fly to Malaysia on the 13th.

And, that also means I'll lose about £1,500 as it's all paid for and we haven't got insurance yet :(  (Yeah, I know...)

So, multiple salt baths yesterday... the one just before bed made 'Mount Mike' erupt. It's still pretty swollen and I'm sure there's more in there, but importantly it's making it's own way out :)

Fingers crossed it clears up quickly!

• Like 3

Cancer.  It's like I'm branded now trying to go back to work now that I'm essentially "cured".

I'm fighting for a waiver to work right now, as "history of cancer" now severly restricts my options.  I don't put in enough days I lose my insurance, and I can't even get my required follow ups.

I've been sitting at my parents house with my thumb up my ass waiting, waiting, waiting.

Work is going nice and terribly at the moment. Turns out the company restructure last year was as deceiving as I optimistically hoped it wouldn't be. My role has been changing really vaguely and more works being moved out of my team today - probably time to get involved and argue it more but ultimately I know me and my eight team members are the disposable part in all this. 

Bloody stressful though, and our new manager is basically a caricature of an office worker that desperately wants to project 'I'm so alpha male'. It's like he watches youtube tutorials for how to intimidate subordinates but he hasn't realised that the person writing the script being read in the Microsoft Voice voice is a 14 year old whose dad is assistant to the regional manager. 

Oh and he sells model trains on eBay to young Austrian boys on Facebook, I'll mention that too just for fun.

Edited by bikeperson45
  • Like 1