The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Put some red claw crabs in the aquarium today and they're right entertaining.

soo you are sitting in front of an aquarium for hours and sometimes you laugh up like "hehhh. crabs are fun"?

• Like 1

I've just accepted a 20-hour week Halfords bike mechanic job 10 miles from me.

A guy who works at a bike shop in my town just sends me a message asking if I can drop a CV by theirs tomorrow if I fancy working for them on "regular but informal basis", no idea what that means.

Not sure whether to be happy or slightly annoyed.

Alsooo just got back from Italy and weekend at Radfest! Finally get to sleep in my bed :D :D

A guy who works at a bike shop in my town just sends me a message asking if I can drop a CV by theirs tomorrow if I fancy working for them on "regular but informal basis", no idea what that means.

Sounds like a cash in hand deal

So whilst most people seem to be out there buying cars, houses and babies, I just bought a sword.

I think I win, but if you disagree feel free to let me know so I can run you through WITH MY GOD DAMN SWORD.

Where do I buy babies? I'm hungry.

• Like 1

Doing a "trial" day at my local bike shop tomorrow, if I'm good enough they'll offer me a job.

I'm shitting it because I've never had to work with customers directly before and I'm deaf. It'll be a massive learning curve for me.

Also I'm shitting it because the only bikes I've ever built up are trials bikes.

Doing a "trial" day at my local bike shop tomorrow, if I'm good enough they'll offer me a job.

I'm shitting it because I've never had to work with customers directly before and I'm deaf. It'll be a massive learning curve for me.

Also I'm shitting it because the only bikes I've ever built up are trials bikes.

Good luck!

The only thing you really need to learn is how to step up gears properly then (and I suppose suspension, but I'm sure the shop will already have someone already who is good at that)