The Happy Thread

Duncy H

. Today out of nowhere I smashed 10k in 62 mins (gutted I didn't break the hour mark - stupid slow start)

And start running on real surfaces not treadmills as soon as you can.

This. Treadmills are great for sprints and longer interval training, but aren't great for training for longer distances outdoor events. Get a good 10k route and just hammer it, such a good feeling watching your time getting quicker each time.

• Like 2

I just mapped out 10K on a map to see if I can replicate the run on actual roads and I can't believe how far it is. Going to give it a go sometime soon and I'll time myself. The only thing I worry about is the treadmill sets the pace, whereas on the road/street I set my own and I could get lazy and might not be anywhere near an hour.

Jake you can't hear :shades:

I can when its lurpak being spreaded on seeded bagels, I adapted a special 6th sense.

:badger:

Happy thread related news: My Dad is deaf in one ear, my Mum is in India and my Sister is in London for the week. No late night music restrictions apart from neighbours but having a detached house has its benefits (Y)

• Like 1

I just mapped out 10K on a map to see if I can replicate the run on actual roads and I can't believe how far it is. Going to give it a go sometime soon and I'll time myself. The only thing I worry about is the treadmill sets the pace, whereas on the road/street I set my own and I could get lazy and might not be anywhere near an hour.

if you have a smart phone, get strava and track it, you can keep glancing at it and see how your average pace is doing... you aren't going to be as good, i could run 14km in an hour on a treadmill last year, but the first time i was a 5 mile on the roads i was suffering haha. while i'm on the subject, i buggered my foot by smashing the treadmill like this, and doubt i'll bother with them ever again for anything other than a short warm up/cool down.