The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Bike is almost built and looking good, just need to trim 5mm off the steerer, replace the headset bearings when my new ones arrive, replace the reservoir cover on the front brake and bleed both.

Also didn't know whether to laugh or cry before, just had a load of bits anodised which were sent back wrapped in kitchen roll. I got one of the bb spacers out to fit it and put the other behind me so I knew where it was, wife walks through the kitchen and spots bit of kitchen roll on floor behind me, wife picks up bit of kitchen roll and throws it on the fire in the living room!

Dave puts order in for new set from Tarty.

• Like 2

Listed my first ever item for sale on ebay last night, some snowboard bindings. I couldn't be arsed with an auction so put them up with a fair buy it now price but was worried they might not sell because they have a bit of damage and are a small size only good for up to a size 8 boot. They have already sold :)

Also didn't know whether to laugh or cry before, just had a load of bits anodised which were sent back wrapped in kitchen roll. I got one of the bb spacers out to fit it and put the other behind me so I knew where it was, wife walks through the kitchen and spots bit of kitchen roll on floor behind me, wife picks up bit of kitchen roll and throws it on the fire in the living room!

Dave puts order in for new set from Tarty.

Found it in the ashpan

20140130_130102_zpshixxbizr.jpg

• Like 1

Had a really satisfying day at work.

Was left to do an engine swap/rebuild in a Clio today myself, my first "solo" swap.

Had it done in under a day, with little to no help other than manhandling the engine out of/into the bay because our engine hoist doesn't line up properly with the new lift unlike the old one.

Turned the key and it ran first time. Simple engine but was nice to show I can do these things if Im left to it.

Boss gave extra monez because he was impressed/suprised = Good day and happy Sam.

• Like 9

Got my eldest his first bike with gears for his birthday today and he took to it instantly. For anyone looking at kids bikes I got a Frog, kind of a cheaper alternative to an Isla bike just slightly heavier but easily as good quality. Just need to get my Stumpjumper built up now!

• Like 1

Almost got caught by my brother and dad in one of the most incriminating positions I've ever been in that wasn't masturbating. Masturbating wise I have a 100% track record in not getting caught, but this time was so close. Managed to not get caught and I'm so happy about it had to post it here. #relieved

Almost got caught by my brother and dad in one of the most incriminating positions I've ever been in that wasn't masturbating. Masturbating wise I have a 100% track record in not getting caught, but this time was so close. Managed to not get caught and I'm so happy about it had to post it here. #relieved

This needs a story

• Like 1

Caught with his mums knickers on his head and a picture of dan James cox on the floor?

• Like 1

I've been studying like a motherfuc****er for our big math test tomorrow, and it all felt shite and I quite struggled with it all, and then now when speaking about it to my stepmom: It all became clear and I know this like a king now! :D I'm happpppyyy :D

Went to the job interview assessment day in London. Stayed with my sisters friends who said they'd look after me and I've honestly felt so welcomed in ages. They just constantly looked after me and made sure I got to the centre on time, working our way around the Tube strike, treating me to food etc. Amazing and really showed what amazing friends they are to my sister!

The day went pretty well too. Turned out there was only another guy for the role not two others so the odds are 50/50. The presentation went so welltoo I though and iI presented to 8 people including the CEO etc. Didn't really phase me! So if I don't get the job at least I learned how not to be intimidated when giving a presentation which will help me in the future! Don't 408 miles within a day and half. Night xox

• Like 3