£10k a year or £1 million lump?

LukasMcNeal

Would you rather?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• £10k a year for the rest of your life
    • £1 Million lump sum

You have a choice, £10k a year for the rest of your life or a £1 million once only payment?

Discuss.

£1 mil.

you'd get more money. Im 23, say i expect to live 50 years, thats 20k a year.

Its a matter of self control really. If you've got the self control to not blow it all at once, £1 mil will sort you out for the rest of your life. If you had no self control, then the 10K a year would do you.

in twenty years time 10k will be worth less than it is now as it doesn't track inflation. If you understand investing you can grow 1mil into to multiples over ten years, on the other hand you could just loose it all by being a tard.

Haha Lukas you dummie, the question should be 100k a year or 1 Mill. Everyone is going to pick 1 Mill because you'd have to live 100 more years @ 10k a year just to break even. :lol:

Definitely the milly. Could buy a nice house, a nice car and have enough to open my own business in Bristol.

With £10k I could buy an average car and worry about getting a job. Then get into debt and use next years £10k to bail me out. Nein danke.

I'd take the 100k, purely because I don't care about tax or interest, I just want to live a normal person life. I could easily do that on 100k and never work again. Or carry on working and use the 100k to supplement things.