Such a hard choice (inspired arcade news and info)

nicolasp1405

Guys, what do you think about Ozonys Styl? Especially about geo?

+10

73° (especially about this)

The geo ain't bad, it's basically a Skye.

It's the tiny headtube I don't get, no one needs a headtube that small, and a seat angle so slack that you can't put the seat down with is pretty careless on a production frame.

Their King of Dunce frame sounds much better.

Edited by LEON

I think if it allows you to ride with as much style as the french then it's definitely worth every penny

mj-gif.gif

will the arcade bars be sold individually?

are they alu or steel?

that bars look nice,would be cool if someone other than onza made oversized crmo bars

They're aluminium (or aluminum for our American friends). I believe they're going to be available separately.

My Marino is pretty much bang on the Arcade geo (5mm shorter, 0.5% slacker), and rides nowhere near as good as the ones I've ridden. Good luck to everyone being cheap about it, being as you won't get the geo you order anyway!

• Like 1

Being liked has nothing to do with it. It's your arrogant, ignorant, aggressive asshole of a attitude that pisses everyone off. You wade in to every thread you can and start shouting about how unfair life is, how everything's too expensive/rubbish/poorly made etc. when everyone else knows you're talking out of your arse.

On topic: I'm seriously torn with the Arcade... I've got the Mk1 Skye (which I'll be honest and say it doesn't get used nearly as much as it should) but the Arcade really does look really nice. Would probably get a frameset if I did it and just convert the Skye axles to suit but I'm properly undecided.

• Like 1

yes,arcade frames have a higher quality standard as marinos,yes,a marino is what you´d consider as "cheap",but i think its worth more than it actually costs.

he has got a pretty cool frame jig now that avoids the off-geo cases pretty good.

and i think clerictgm got way better in his behaviour,so i´d say let´s give him a chance.

and cler... erm trials rider,please take that chance and be polite,we´ve got enough discussions in which the level is getting low.

nothing personal,but everyone would understand the points youre trying to make way better if you wouldnt spell them like an insult.

calm down,keep cool,everyone has his/her own opinion and youre playin don quichote here.

i had to learn that,you´ll have to.

the bars geo would be nice to know,any clues?

My question is, why hasn't TrialsRider been banned yet? Other people that have been banned and opened new accounts have been banned as soon as they were found out.

Yeah. And he's turning into a bigger troll than Andee. Surely his IP address can be banned?

On topic: I'm seriously torn with the Arcade... I've got the Mk1 Skye (which I'll be honest and say it doesn't get used nearly as much as it should) but the Arcade really does look really nice. Would probably get a frameset if I did it and just convert the Skye axles to suit but I'm properly undecided.

What's holding you back man? The fact that the Skye should do the job, or something you don't like about the Arcade?

Back on topic, I quite like the look of the arcade, I'm a fan of Matt black paint jobs. Whenever I've had a street bike though I've either been injured or not good enough to take full advantage of it

Edited by bing

the bars geo would be nice to know,any clues?

9° backsweep, 5° upsweep, slightly higher total rise than the High Rise bars (from what I can remember), but the actual point where you hold your grips is about 10-15mm higher overall due to it having half the upsweep.

I guess if you got the framekit, built it up and hated it it would probably hold it's value pretty well. You wouldn't though 'cos they're sweet ;)

What's holding you back man? The fact that the Skye should do the job, or something you don't like about the Arcade?

It's basically whether it would be worth the change (as in would I really notice the difference) and also whether I'd be able to sell the Skye frameset (with axles/hub bits). The Skye does what I need it to do fine but there's something about the Arcade that I just 'get' (or want, I don't know)...

I guess if you got the framekit, built it up and hated it it would probably hold it's value pretty well. You wouldn't though 'cos they're sweet ;)

Haha, cheers Mark ;)

The difference is very noticeable between the two. When I was up filming with Ali I stole a go on <namedrop>Danny's</namedrop> bike and it just feels a lot lower, more compact and stiffer than the Arcade. That was with the 'V2' geo as well so it was a bit shorter and poppier, but there was still a noticeable difference between the two. As you've got the older Skye with the longer back end I think it'd be fairly night and day.

Whether it'd be a good change is the debatable thing I guess though.

Whether it'd be a good change is the debatable thing I guess though.

Yeah that's it... It'd definitely be different but I don't know how it would alter the way I ride if you get me.

On a related note, does anyone know how easy it would be to convert a 12mm through' axle rear Hope Evo to the standard 10mm bolt in jobbie? I'm guessing from looking on Tarty that it's an axle, end caps and bolts but are the bearings the same?