Riding Shoes

trialsbikingnunn

• 6 months later...

I'm running Terrex Solos at the moment (with the good stealth sole, not the shit previous one) and ordered some trail cross shoes last night. The terry solos have a pretty stiff sole, they were designed as a semi climbing shoe.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/adidas-Performance-Terrex-Swift-Solo-Unisex-Hiking-Walking-Shoes-Trainers-Blue-/141631032051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item20f9de0af3

UK6 any god to you Dan?

Ive got use to how they feel and there really nice shoes. it take a while to get use to how sticky the solo is. but highly recommend them

Stick with the times Ben!

So my riding shoe of choice is 5/10 for the feel and stealth rubber, I think once you're used to something it's just easier to stick with that brand. I know I can go out and buy a set of Spitfires and just ride in them from new no problem (and they fit well). The downfall is that most pedals do eat their way into the sole after a short time and that does effect the life span somewhat, while on the same subject they're that grippy sometimes when your trying to slide your feet on the pedal the digging in part annoys me. I also ride my feet super close to the crank so I seem to rub off the stitching after about 4 months so it's new shoe time for me.

I have heard rumors that the new 2015 range isn't stitched (SOMEONE CONFIRM?) and if that is the case 5/10 are about to p**s so many customers off, tight ars*s!

(TF doesn't auto adjust swear words now? best edit :P)

Edited by Paperclip

Sorry Luke, I am getting old, too busy trying to die the grey hairs to worry about shoe manufacturer acquisitions.

On your other comments:

1. I think they are stitched, but just in a different manner to this year (according to this sneak peak on pinkbike) - http://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-five-ten-shoes-2015.html
  2. I think TF struggles to understand your accent, hence not realising you've sworn.

Sorry Luke, I am getting old, too busy trying to die the grey hairs to worry about shoe manufacturer acquisitions.

On your other comments:

1. I think they are stitched, but just in a different manner to this year (according to this sneak peak on pinkbike) - http://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-five-ten-shoes-2015.html
  2. I think TF struggles to understand your accent, hence not realising you've sworn.

You have sadly proved me right, The only shoe in that list not stitched is the Spitfire which looks a pretty nice colour if they hadn't opted to make it orange! I just checked the 2015 dirtbag version also as I used to ride in those (still have a pair) and they're not stitched either.

Pretty bummed out about that, The freerider shoes look good if you're a hobbit!

I thought it was rule of thumb to read everything on TF in Morgan Freeman or Ross McArthur's voice (saying ahh shite a lot).

Edited by Paperclip
  • Like 1

You have sadly proved me right, The only shoe in that list not stitched is the Spitfire which looks a pretty nice colour if they hadn't opted to make it orange! I just checked the 2015 dirtbag version also as I used to ride in those (still have a pair) and they're not stitched either.

That'll be no problem for you though luke, because, to paraphrase (with some factual additions):

while on the same subject...I also ride my 'too-big-for-my-body' feet super close to the crank so I seem to rub off the stitching after about 4 months

FiveTen need to stop making 'almost nice looking shoes' and start making 'nice looking shoes'. I kind of like the look of those new Spitfires but there's something about the profile FiveTen use for them that looks kind of basic/budget.

lol at the guy on Pinkbike complaining about lace colours.

wall-barriers.png

• Like 1

You do realise, although hobbits are small, they have massive hairy feet?

You do realise that I said "If you're a hobbit" because they're the widest shoes going!

Why would height come into it post-22185-0-61316000-1429705640_thumb.g

I ride the spitfires and the dirtbags because they're the narrowest in the range.

Edited by Paperclip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Bumping this back up as I've just ordered some new trainers, going back to Adidas with a pair of their Terrex Trail Cross SL's which are advertised as being made for trail walking and mountain biking. They've got the good old stealth sole and look tidy. 

terrex-trail-cross-sl-shoes.jpg

Got a code for 25% off as well, not sure if it still works but it's FRIENDS25 for the AdidasSpecialtySports website. If you go through Quidco you can also get about 9% cashback and an extra tenner back!