Inspired Console Clips

ben_travis

Cheers for all the comments guys

How does it ride in comparison to the arcade? Considering a console frame kit so just curious?

Hey man,

Sorry for the late reply, I love both how both frames ride if I am honest, and I haven't noticed too much difference between either. I am going as big on the console as I was on the arcade, if not slightly bigger, so havent had too much difficulty in transferring over.

Inspired state the frame kit is a little heavier than the arcade, but I havent noticed it at all. I prefer the slightly longer chainstays, and the longer HT has put my bars up a little higher which means that the reach isn't too dissimilar to the arcade.

The little details is what makes the arcade stand out - the drop-outs for example are just an off-the-shelf on the console, whereas the arcades are a fair bit neater when teamed with the chain tugs at the rear and the stiffer axle set-up on the front.

I'd recommend either, just depends on whether you are willing to spend the extra £100 on those little details.

I know thats not the on-the-fence opinion you probably wanted, however I've not had months to decide yet. Ask me again by christmas and i will tell you my thoughts in full.

I will say out-right that I prefer the paint job on the Console. The matt black look on the arcade is awesome, but nothing on the console IMO, just depends on how you team up the rest of the components.

• Like 1

Cheers for all the comments guys

Hey man,

Sorry for the late reply, I love both how both frames ride if I am honest, and I haven't noticed too much difference between either. I am going as big on the console as I was on the arcade, if not slightly bigger, so havent had too much difficulty in transferring over.

Inspired state the frame kit is a little heavier than the arcade, but I havent noticed it at all. I prefer the slightly longer chainstays, and the longer HT has put my bars up a little higher which means that the reach isn't too dissimilar to the arcade.

The little details is what makes the arcade stand out - the drop-outs for example are just an off-the-shelf on the console, whereas the arcades are a fair bit neater when teamed with the chain tugs at the rear and the stiffer axle set-up on the front.

I'd recommend either, just depends on whether you are willing to spend the extra £100 on those little details.

I know thats not the on-the-fence opinion you probably wanted, however I've not had months to decide yet. Ask me again by christmas and i will tell you my thoughts in full.

I will say out-right that I prefer the paint job on the Console. The matt black look on the arcade is awesome, but nothing on the console IMO, just depends on how you team up the rest of the components.

Cheers for that Ben, I just wanted to gauge would I get close to the arcade style and feel with the Console, considering either frame kit but would rather to keep the costs down to buy saints for the bike if I get it. Then just switch over the components from my fourplay.

I think they are £599

599 it is. But you still need chain tensioners and a headset which are included with the arcade frameset. So that takes the price up to 650 ish with a cheap headset.

And if you would like to use the parts of another Inspired (like me) you also have to buy a seatpost. Due to the different diameter. So much for being cheaper than the arcade...

• Like 2

When putting together the complete video you're talking about in the vimeo description, please let it be like this one. It doesn't have to be overly edited with slomos and stuff. Let it be like this one just longer. I'm actually sic of all those nice landscape-meaningful music-footjam tailwip-slomo videos....

• Like 1