Best looking mod?

Herbertlemon102

that's pretty sweet, not sure on the stem though, look how far ahead of the axle it puts the bars, must be the most twitchy riding thing ever!!

I think a frame like that with a BMX bars and stem would be sweet, just make the top tube longer to compensate for the shorter reach of the stem.

(Y) Thats really nice!! I'd have a black seat on it myself though :) .. Is that a peg on the front or just something on the floor?

Think we're on a similar wavelength here guys..

Could even weld a shim onto some bmx bars and use a 25.4 stem? - I imagine you could get this to look alright and still keepin the 'trials' look with the 'long'(er) mtb stem!

Check these bars out.. 35mm clamp and NO brace?! Think i'd be wanting a brace for trials.. maybe an old school clamp on brace..

Like these. I rekon Those 7.5" Renthals with a shim clamped in a 90/100x0 Thomson stem would look cool on this imaginary trials/bmx hybrid i'm thinkin of.. Still keepin an element of the trials look with the 'long(er)' mtb stem and the not so common 'braced' bmx bars.. setting it apart from looking too 'Bmx'y'!

Would love to see something like this.

Guessin most people have come across this site before? Some of those early mods are mental. Whats with the 24" front wheel?!

Right, it's way past my bed time..

Edited by sharn

I thought this was a joke - mods are silly looking bikes right?

For me, trials is about riding a relatively normal bike through an obstacle course. But the more you modify the bike to suit the purpose, the less of a feat it becomes. I know I'm very old school, but I'm not a fan of the 20".

You mean you're so old school that you don't like the size of bike on which trials was first ridden?

I don't like mods* much either, but your point makes no sense.

*fully agree that the naming convention of the different bikes is retarded and somewhat misleading, but still.

• Like 2

You mean you're so old school that you don't like the size of bike on which trials was first ridden?

I don't like mods* much either, but your point makes no sense.

*fully agree that the naming convention of the different bikes is retarded and somewhat misleading, but still.

Allow me to elaborate and potentially make myself seem like more of an idiot.

I learnt on a Kona Blast with a 19" frame (see left) and started riding in an era where most beginners seemed to be doing the same. There were a few trials specific bikes, but they were almost always stocks as well. Perhaps it was just who I was riding with.

I don't care what was going on in Spain in 1995, for me normal bikes have 26" wheels and I quite like the fact that my bike isn't too far removed from something you can buy in Halfords.

• Like 1

I remember the first trials bike I ever went on was a Monty X-Hydra - which has one.

Are those parts what came on that bike stock from monty? That doesn't look like other monty's, but my friend purchased a bike exactly identical to that one a few months ago. Were the handlebars shimmed with black electrical tape?

Edited by jnthebiker

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ozonys curve, neon bow, monty kamel, a RCP steel mod

1teFwJv.jpg

Looking to build my own mod but still very new to the mod scene... Using this as what I would think is a cracking looking bike, what would the costing be of a build like this? (Roughly of course)

Thanks for any help

• Like 1

• 8 months later...