Hurt + Scraps and Crashes

aener

Thanks again all :)

Feels good ^.^

Just wondering... does it feel weird for you to ride with brakes?

Not really, no. I very rarely ride the bike with brakes - when I do it doesn't really "feel" weird, but I do have some issues.

Pulling the brakes at the wrong time or forgetting to pull them, happens occasionally, but the most common issue is forgetting to let go of them on things like sidehops. This means I put all my power into a locked-up wheel and shoot straight over the bars :P

@flipp:

I have no knowledge about this, but anyway: Now that you have unlocked the BMX street pro level, some major BMX-external sponsor might be interested. Thinking Vans, for example.

One question: Does brakeless at your level still include these scary-fast "no-brake holding the bike" crashes?

Firstly, I'm a very long way from "BMX street pro level", and even if I wasn't, I very much doubt they would be.

I'm not exactly sure what crashes you mean, but by the sound of it, no :P I've unfortunately had a LOT of practice at escaping crashes, so I guess it's just kind of normal to me now :/

Hard to write a response to this video... Blown away by the moves of course, but there's a lot to be said for the nature of it all, taking the idea of brakeless trials riding and making something of it. When I first saw people riding without brakes I thought it was just a fad, would never go anywhere, but this shows once more that often the limits are in our own heads. Very inspiring stuff, great to watch.

Gosh. That's quite some reception! Thanks :D

The filming annoyed me a little though most of the time your body was cut out of the frame, it was like watching your bike rather than you riding your bike if that makes sense. Ridiculous though obviously.

A lot of the time, it's when I've filmed something whilst riding alone so I'm just setting it as close as possible to see the line better, but several of them were when it became a stylistic choice after filming alone a bit and liking the effect.

I'll bear this in mind for the future.

Cheers!

Gosh. That's quite some reception! Thanks :DA lot of the time, it's when I've filmed something whilst riding alone so I'm just setting it as close as possible to see the line better, but several of them were when it became a stylistic choice after filming alone a bit and liking the effect.I'll bear this in mind for the future.Cheers!

I personally like the "bike shot" angles, you get a better idea of what's going on with the bike, and how everything works. Just my 20p though.

Was it trials that pulled you away from the Free Running scene? And what is it thats keeping you motivated to ride trials?

It didn't pull me away from it, but it did replace it. I was into both at the same time for a while - probably around 18 months or so - but then I just lost interest for various reasons and stopped.

The second question is a little delicate and I'm not really willing to go into it so publicly.

It didn't pull me away from it, but it did replace it. I was into both at the same time for a while - probably around 18 months or so - but then I just lost interest for various reasons and stopped.

The second question is a little delicate and I'm not really willing to go into it so publicly.

I watched those free-running videos a while back, do you think that's how your well known ability to "bail" "jump off" came from? The reaction times involved in parkour could've quite easily transferred across