Pokemon Go

bikeperson45

1 hour ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Is it not designed for 10 year olds?

It was around when I was 10, so no, me and the the missus are more excited by it than any of our nieces or nephews!

Soooo many people at it in Queenstown, even had a guy approach us last night asking what team we were on :lol:

We've got a fleet of eevee variations as our strongest and a ponyta hatched out of an egg last night much to the Mrs' delight, she keeps going outside late on, in minus temperatures to get rarer ones down the driveway :lol:

Just got back from my 3rd 4+ mile walk. Also think I'm going to walk the 7.7miles home tomorrow from work. Getting a little bored with my usual area.

But yeah this is going to explode in the UK in a few days just wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monkeyseemonkeydo said:

Sounds like a great way to win a Darwin award.

Saw that post companies in the US are issuing warnings to drivers because of the high amount of people crossing with their head down...

I still can't wait to get it properly though, finally my knowledge of first gen pokemon will be put to use :P

If any of you work at, or run, a physical retail outlet make sure you're taking advantage of this. The guy who does it in here isn't about, and I know none of the terminology. What I do know is that he's organised for a few clients to be places that have lots of Pokemon to catch, and their footfall has increased massively. 

Other than that, and the fact it's encouraging people to move more, I think it's shit.

• Like 1

The Pokemon are random, it's the Pokestops that are "landmarks"... basically places of interest that what are attracting people. They generally aren't private places of business. But some lucky places have a Pokestop within rage of them. Pokestops can be swiped to gain items and refresh every 5 mins so if you own a coffee shop within range of one that would be an amazing way to lure customers to you as they can just sit there and swipe every 5 mins.

Places like my local zoo is a good example of a place that should be taking advantage of it. They have 15 all within 500m of each other.

Got clarification. The couple of clients were already appointed as gyms or stops, and the bit we're doing is helping them take advantage of purchasing 'lures' which last for 30 minutes. Used during off peak times they can and do increase footfall.

18 hours ago, JD™ said:

Got clarification. The couple of clients were already appointed as gyms or stops, and the bit we're doing is helping them take advantage of purchasing 'lures' which last for 30 minutes. Used during off peak times they can and do increase footfall.

Yeah a few places seem to be doing that. Pretty smart idea if you're one of the lucky ones.

Everyone has the same map. If a Pokemon spawns, both or the entire group can catch it. They don't disappear if one person catches it... at least not immediately.

never seen the appeal of Pokemon, I think I was too old for the cartoons so always brushed it aside as a kids thing. The fact everyone is now on their phones in groups makes me not want to be a part of it at all, I never seem to grab on to popular things like this and TV shows

2 hours ago, JT! said:

Everyone has the same map. If a Pokemon spawns, both or the entire group can catch it. They don't disappear if one person catches it... at least not immediately.

It was the video of one spawning in a park and everyone flooding to find it got me wondering, is it first to find get it or is it there for all. Seems pretty cool idea I think, I like the idea of it!