Chris Akrigg - Crossroads

Tony Harrison

I'll be honest, I've literally just sold my CX bike (about 2hrs ago) and this makes me want another with some bigger volume tyres to get out on some proper trails with! 

EDIT: Would actually love to see him ride another comp nowadays just to see how he approached stuff and what he would ride. I remember Ali doing one at Matlock when he'd just got his Hex and it was almost mind blowing seeing him attack the same sections people were pogo-ing about on. 

In fact I'd love a seated class at a comp (probably similar to the retro comp they had at the Biketrial Academy a few weeks ago). 

3 hours ago, Mikee said:

I appreciate Chris' skill, power and stamina, but I found that really boring. Nothing really wowed me. And these riding the "wrong" bike for the job videos have been done to death and need to rest.

I have to say I agree. Really wasn’t sure about that barrel role! I much prefer him to be on his enduro bike if doing this kind of stuff. I’d have to question if this was driven by mongoose trying to show his versatile and capable these bikes are whether he wanted to do this style of riding on this style of bike. I think the music didn’t help for me either - not my kind of thing.

12 hours ago, Matt24. said:

Really wasn’t sure about that barrel role!

Yea, for someone with such a recognisable style, it was tough/cringe to watch him do that Danny'esque roll. It was all dialled stuff in there but, going up stairs....came across as a filler clip.

There's something about a road bike, with sus forks, and a bag for your lip stick, that makes me think, that bikes rank.

Get back on the Radical Chris. That's what's cool!!

I enjoyed that, I like that he adds in the filler clips that are quite clearly aimed to appeal to non trials eyes. The stairs clip for example you see things like this posted up on GCN from events and nowhere near as dialled. 

I also liked the camera work as it's very hard to click play to Chris riding the glen in yet another video but the quirky camera work made up for that. 

The barrel roll, was that meant to be some kind of humourous clip just because we're now seeing lots of other riders doing these in videos? 

• Like 1