2010 / 2011 Snow Watch!

JT!

Anybody tried putting studs/drawing pins into an old rear tyre and tried to ride? Would be interesting to see if you could, alothough dangerous at the same time.

That would only help with ice wouldn't it? And the pins would probably bend, would be good for running over enemies though.

And counting on tonight, I expect to wake up to a snow everywhere tomorrow.

That would only help with ice wouldn't it? And the pins would probably bend, would be good for running over enemies though.

saw a video a while back, they had studded tyres and just riding on a froozen pond, did they make then illegal in the end?

Edited by trials owns

Ah yeah didnt think of that. Might have to try something else then. Although, the sound of running over the little sh*ts feet round my way sounds very good.. B)

Have all the people who are hoping for some forgotten how fantastically shit the beginning of this year was? Having to f**k about in the freezing cold trying to clear snow and ice off your car windows, then drive to work at 5mph because the dickhead at the front of the queue's shitting themselves before they inevitably bin it. Can't even ride, which is the main thing! After the first day or two of nice, picturesque white snow you get left with rancid looking pack-ice shit. Not cool.

When the snow starts really coming down, i would love to see someone build an even bigger rideable snow section than the one Jack Meek built and rode over back in January-March 2010.

Didn't we have one last year? I don't recall....

In Derbyshire we're pretty much covered; just tried moving my car in the car park and it was a disaster...spin, spin, spin, slide, spin. Great fun.

Had snow up to my ankles today. 60 cars got stuck on a road near me last night. I've opted not to drive considering the amount of accidents I saw, and the two near crashes I had driving to college: One where somebody came too fast behind me and was going to slide into me if I didn't mount the curb and pull into someone's drive, and then when I was on a mini roundabout someone who should have been giving way was going to slide out in to the back of my car, so I had to floor it and go straight on as opposed to going slowly around and taking the next exit. Both would have been fairly hairy, and I had £2k of camera equipment I had rented from college in the back!

Taking the trucks off my all terrain board and going down the hills almost makes up for all this though :)

Edited by Mat Tea Why

Today I was driving down a small country road leading from my house and couldn't get past becasue a car got stuck on ice in the middle of the road. I decided to help the guy, left the car and instantly fell over :lol: After some thought we decided to push that car off the road so that I could pass. We ended up pushing it sideways because it was easier that rolling it forward and to the left :blink:

There's apparently going to be more snow over night, I really hope I'll be able to leave the house tomorrow.