The Car Thread

MadManMike

@DavidI think VW recommend between 60-70k miles or 10 years if mileage isn't exceeded on their 1.8t cars. I've seen them go sooner than that too, not that it means a great deal it's just down to luck. 

A belt change wouldn't go amiss. 

Edited by SamKidney

15 hours ago, Danny said:

I love how doing all that made it 'legal'. 

I love how brazen they were with it - impressive something produced and backed by such massive companies can get that past their lawyers. I thought it was brilliant. 

On 29/12/2015 at 4:47 PM, Pete.M said:

Dan the man, what steering wheel did you get for your Clio again?

Pic of waxed bolbo, collinite super doublecoat wax - should be good for winter.

DSC_0058_zps64p9bbsx.jpg

It's a 300mm omp one mate. Real leather think it was around £120 on the bay of es

1 hour ago, JD™ said:

Unfortunately with 4 bikes, another 4 bikes worth of parts, engines, wheels, surfboards, longboards, climbing gear, tools, car parts and general stored stuff it's never going to look great really. Once I've got a double/triple garage down the line there'll be enough space to make it look presentable (and then I can fill it with a long term project build and it'll look like this again!)

• Like 1

Finally sorted wheel photos @dann2707 and @SamKidney - sorry it's taken so long.

Both are 4x100 and big enough centre bore to fit a Clio as far as I know (MX-5 is 54.1 and both sets needed spigot rings on the MX5). The are both sets of 4 but couldn't be arsed digging them all out!

Black ones we discussed earlier:

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/media/car/sale/wheels2.jpg

These have all road-legal T1Rs on, two about 3mm and two about 5-6mm. £120 if you want them (plus a bit of delivery if you need, about 20 a set I think)

Second set I found are also unknown brand, but silver and multi fit (will do 4x108 as well - Ford, etc). Two tyres are half decent but on the wear bars, Parada or something, the other two are unknown make and different to each other, but have reasonable amount of tread (3-4mm at least I think). £100 for these?

wheels1.jpg

Nice one,

Ads

Edit: I hate this new forum, why does one photo work and the other doesn't!? I inserted them in the same way, grr!

The problem is that the bulkhead and pillar have folded in. 

From that that photo where the steel wing has popped out all the damage is obscured.

965877_1697630547118786_8953106004492690

It'll live again, no matter what. It's just a shame that's all.

I was just trundling along with my girlfriend minding my own business and as I came around a 70* bend there was a set of headlights coming towards me. Swerved to avoid them and the other driver went back to his side of the road and hit me in the middle of the road.

Turns out he's Bulgarian, just got back from working in London and had got off the train, got 100 yards up the road on the wrong side and went straight into me. Nothing I could have done really. :(

On top of that I phoned a friend of mine to get the car recovered and he said he'd be there in 45 minutes and he'd pick me up for free, the police said the road had to be reopened in half an hour and that their recovery company were contracted to be there within half an hour. 

So I cancelled my bloke, and waited over an hour for the Police contracted recovery to turn up, they just threw a chain around the bumper and dragged it onto a low loader. So that's probably done more damage. 

Now I've got to pay a police recovery cost, and to get the car back to the workshop :(

I bought another Pop yesterday to use as a donor, so it should just be man hours. 

What I don't know is do I claim on insurance and deal with the knock on effects, or do I take £500 on the chin and just fix it myself.

• Like 1

Saw the Pop on FB Jardo, bit of a shitter, hope the occupants in the car were OK and the you can get her rolling again.

I finally got under the car and shortened the gear linkage the other day, moved the stick and inch or so back, much nicer.

• Like 3

On 1/2/2016 at 5:23 PM, Haz said:

Saw the Pop on FB Jardo, bit of a shitter, hope the occupants in the car were OK and the you can get her rolling again.

I finally got under the car and shortened the gear linkage the other day, moved the stick and inch or so back, much nicer.

Did you do it by cutting down the filtration module? The bit that attaches to the left hole on this?

1305105214_77_00_875_584.jpg

I did mine a few weeks back and it made things nicer but I want it even closer to me because stumpy arms

1 hour ago, dann2707 said:

Did you do it by cutting down the filtration module? The bit that attaches to the left hole on this?

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.aypaotomotiv.com/uploaded/urunler/41/buyuk/1305105214_77_00_875_584.jpg

I did mine a few weeks back and it made things nicer but I want it even closer to me because stumpy arms

Can't see that link, but I'm going to guess, no.

I took the linkage off the selector rod, took the clamp off the linkage, hacksawed 10mm off the linkage, and hammered it further onto the selector rod to move the stick back.

Edited by Haz