The Car Thread

MadManMike

Add RWD non-turbo Volvo's to Jolfa's list of K-jet cars, as well as early XR3i.

Is it definitely M8? Demon Tweaks (and any other decent Goodridge stockist) stock M10x1 Banjo bolts. (Link) If it really is M8, I'd give hope, or a decent hope supplier a call. (Adam/Tarty or CRC maybe?).

Ebay to the rescue:

Bolt only, £2.09

Bolt + banjo fitting, £4.55

Edited by RobinJI

We still need a link to the thread on pistonheads about that wank looking diesel BMW, Jardo!

It was a joke, which none of you got. Because none of you go on Pistonheads very often obviously.

On Pistonheads a remapped 335D is often hailed as the best car in the world ever.

My friends 335D isn't on Pistonheads, and never will be.

But it will be in PBMW next month, so you can see it all.

To most of you this is nothing, as you rebuild engines etc... but....

I JUST FIXED MY PASSENGER DOOR.

For someone that's car-tarded, that's a big deal. I've tried a few different locks over the past year and nothings worked. I got another lock off ebay and this one works. Copied from Facebook:

"To put it in context, I've had a broken passenger door for close to a year now, I've tried three different lock mechanisms. I've spent around 10 hours taking the door apart and putting it back together. I've broken tools, ruined clothes and shed blood. Most of all, I've been stressed to the point of almost smashing all the windows on the car.

The feeling I got when my door just locked and unlocked made it all worthwhile. Seems like the previous two locks I got off eBay were broken already, because I did nothing different this time - other than doing it faster!"

Like I said, for most of you this is "Meh", but for me it's a big achievement.

• Like 1

Yup pretty much. Steering column snapped on me mid skid, wheels straightened,Car gripped and decided to become a beached whale On a pedestrian crossing.

The arb was stopping it getting over the yellow/white light box things and ripped the fuel filter off en route. Whilst getting put on the recovery truck the leaked fuel set alight. So was On fire briefly.

£250 to get it recovered.

collecting it monday,so I'll get some pics.

Not sure atm if it's worth fixing, or breaking!

It's horrible to.see the shlag dead :(

It was a joke, which none of you got. Because none of you go on Pistonheads very often obviously.

On Pistonheads a remapped 335D is often hailed as the best car in the world ever.

:rolleyes:

I literally have no idea what your on about anymore.

Cheers for the help fellas, I ordered one off eBay in the hope it was correct and luckily it was!

I have been busy today, annoyingly had to have a shopping trip with my girlfriend halfway through the process but still achieved enough to keep me happy.
New top rear seat kindly donated by a chap on the Porsche forum, my old one was very rotten on top...
PB290761_zpsd4e21e6a.jpg
Fresh Hatch seal fitted so that i'm less likely to die of fumes
PB290775_zps3c1b4c93.jpg
PB290776_zps2c3e8188.jpg
Alternator cowling cleaned down and sprayed but unfortunately not fitted as I needed a bit more room under the car
PB290772_zpsb5faf372.jpg
Injectors ultrasonically cleaned, plenty of crud went missing.
PB290760_zpsa324cff2.jpg
PB290769_zpsa33cc99c.jpg
Rebuilt WUR fitted
PB290766_zps9e878266.jpg
AAV ultrasonically cleaned, LOADS of rubbish came out of it, I think that explains why my cold start idle was so slow
PB290770_zps2bab9a20.jpg
I also fitted a magnetic sump plug, put some of that plastic snap on sleeving on more of my engine bay wiring, fitted a drivers side vent hose (mine was missing) and smiled that my car works once again.
The car seems to be running better at idle, i'll see how hot and cold starts go over the next few days

Little update from mois.

Rear wheel cylinder decided to failure massively last wednesday on the way home from work. M1, 65mph is, downhill into traffic with no brakes was not a massively pleasent experience. Its had new cylinders, shoes, cables and drums as a result. I powdercoated the drums in the same blue ive been doing all the little pieces. I quite like it.

1463194_10153585848345424_1275263989_n.j

While I was out to play, fitted the new cambelt cover too. Again painted in the same blue, this time its a high gloss 2k rather than powder. One of the welders at work likes to play with pinstriping in his spare time so over a 10 minute break at work he doodled on it.

1426540_10153585851805424_37594193_n.jpg

Just had a quick wash. My method. Rinse with water. Wash with Wilkos car soap and a sponge. Rinse with water. I did get right under as far as the exhaust tunnel in an attempt to keep as much salt off it as possible. I dont want this one to rot away.

1424377_10153585852180424_1101328605_n.j

995253_10153585850285424_691230799_n.jpg

I'm hoping to get it into work sometime early next year and repaint it. Its had a home brew job as somepoint in the last year by the previous owner..Its glossy enough but its a bit pimply and theres a nice sag on the bootlid swage line. Also, where they've not properly wiped it down prior to painting there are little inclusions which are starting to discolour. I think i'll be going over it with a commerical poly-extra 2k rather than real car paint though.

That looks ace! Not totally sure about the blue drums, those are the kinds of things you want to hide surely?

Car had a wash, still got a hot start problem so i'll get out my fuel pressure testing stuff next weekend and get diagnosing. I have a feeling it is either the fuel pump non return valve or the fuel accumulator

11154320163_36e102a8a4_b.jpg