The Car Thread

MadManMike

Lol at not modifying this one :P I'm back in Suffolk soon dude, need to hook up :kiss:

Had to order a new clutch for the S3, current one started slipping since the new turbo back exhaust went on. After lots of reading, I went with a Helix organic system. Was tempted by a single mass flywheel system, but apparently on the 6 speed VAG boxes, the rattle, which would drive me nuts.

Another £800 down the drain...but it does now mean I'm ready for "Stage 2+", which is 360-380bhp and 360-400ftlbs. Should be a bit different to what it has now!

Not really, nothing that I wasn't expecting when I bought it.

Shopping list is -

Rear beam (hopefully pick one up with callipers and the shocks on)

O/S leaf spring for the back

Pair of rear shocks

That's all it needs mechanically, the rest is bodywork. For what I've paid it's a steal!

They're brilliant vans, if you did get it at the right price even with the bits needed its a good buy

The crowning glory was the £1656.98 service it had a VW, 189 miles before it's accident :lol: , including all discs/pads, cam belt kit, all filters and a hell of a service. It even has 3/4 tank of diesel!

• Like 2

The crowning glory was the £1656.98 service it had a VW, 189 miles before it's accident :lol: , including all discs/pads, cam belt kit, all filters and a hell of a service. It even has 3/4 tank of diesel!

Exceptionally good deal then! Can stand a few monies thrown at it

Prawn and Kennard both seem to be getting on well with Kumho KU36s mate. Probably worth a look (Y)

Related news - where did you get your Kumhos, Ash? Can find them reasonably priced in 17" (which is tempting for track) but would be nice to keep a set on the standard rims really.

I've said it before, but Goodyear EfficientGrips are awesome tyres. 15" cost me less than £200 fitted for all four, delivered from Tyre Leader.

They're A rated for wet, C rated for fuel economy - which is pretty rare for A rated wet, they normally wear mega quick and have bad fuel economy.

They're not that popular or scene, but I'm happy with them.

Prawn and Kennard both seem to be getting on well with Kumho KU36s mate. Probably worth a look (Y)

Related news - where did you get your Kumhos, Ash? Can find them reasonably priced in 17" (which is tempting for track) but would be nice to keep a set on the standard rims really.

How much are they in 17 out of interest?