The Car Thread

MadManMike

Bad luck only being able to get an NB though :P

you can imagine how quick my corsa is

The problem with the miata is that something smells really badly, I tried to make the insurance with the company own system, same details yet it throws me £3000 so probably confused sends something funny. I do not want to risk with that amount of money, especially now. so sadly Miata is not an answer :(

and yes, I wont find a proper sports car under insurance group 10.

classic car, anything over 15 years old;)<_< I had my rx fully comp for under £400

ill take a look altough the main problem with my is that I am 21 and no ncb... but ill take a loo

EDIT: what classic car insurance company would give me quick online quote? I do not want to talk to anyone, just get a rough number

EDIT EDIT: nah they dont like me.

Edited by HippY

Everyone likes you (perhaps not the opposite sex maybe :P ) I used footman James insurance if that helps

not even footman james

regarding girl situation, I am talking to a few girls here, and it works alright. there is a cute german girl next door, but the main problem here is that while other " art" degrees has between 0-2 hours per day, I am at uni 9-5 or 10-6 with a few hours here and there from Monday to Thursday and 9-12 on Friday with tons of homework so so far I had no freetime do to.... anything really. 

Mildly car related. Want to paint a pair of speakers in piano black. Has anyone worked on such a finish? Speakers are finished with veneer so presumably I need to use putty to even out all the irregularities in the surface. Then black base. What about clear? I read somewhere that using upwards of 8 coats in 3 painting sessions is advised?

not even footman james

regarding girl situation, I am talking to a few girls here, and it works alright. there is a cute german girl next door, but the main problem here is that while other " art" degrees has between 0-2 hours per day, I am at uni 9-5 or 10-6 with a few hours here and there from Monday to Thursday and 9-12 on Friday with tons of homework so so far I had no freetime do to.... anything really. 

Nobody actually goes to lectures in their first year.

• Like 1

Gonna get the car booked in to Jack Smiths over in Swansea today to have a new mohair hood fitted :D

Shame I can't have a glass rear window because of the roll bar, but it'll be nice to have a mohair roof rather than vinyl and most importantly, one that doesn't leak!

I was just about to suggest this. Hardtop is always good to have!

Problem is:

1) I have literally no more space in my flat, definitely not for a roof.

2) I have my roof down a lot, even when it snows in January. This means removing the hardtop. See point 1.

So I think the plan is to buy one, then sell it just before I get the soft top replaced.