The Car Thread

MadManMike

Assuming this gets a clean bill of health in the workshop I'm about 90% on buying it at the moment.

12022535_1674595026089005_8680401579740612039044_1674595022755672_1810030793956312091385_1674595029422338_76873287352331

It's an Abarth 595 Competizione, with the Monza exhaust, Koni FSD shocks and springs, Sabelt buckets, upgraded brakes, Interscope Hi-Fi and upgraded wheels. 

It's cheaper than the company car tax on my MX-5 and a right hoot to drive. 

All was going so well today, whole interior pulled out minus the dashboard, airbag swapped, all plastics washed and dressed, floor washed and carpet wet vacced. All was well till I realised TPS have sent me 2 passenger seatbelts! f**king knobs!

So today f**king ruled.

Just after I sealed the deal with Ads to start working at TartyBikes again he asked me if I wanted to come with him, Stan and Cap on a track day at Blyton in the Munter.  I haven't been on track before (apart from a rally experience thing a while back), and was very eager to do so so got involved.  Cut to 3 months later and there we are at Blyton Park.  

As mentioned, I haven't done a track day before so didn't really know what to expect, but the Mazda On Track people running it were really sound, and everything went pretty smoothly (save for a few yellow/red flag moments).  Apart from one dick who got rightfully blackflagged for being a complete f**kwit, there was a really good atmosphere and it wasn't the intimidating setup I'd kind of thought it might be.  The Munter had plenty of interest too :P

We've got a bunch of photos on Adam's camera, and the GoPro has recorded a bunch of off track excurions and sweet drifts so I'm sure they'll be popping up online soon.  Here are a couple of other photos though...

OuYei2J.jpg

The Munter.

IEMfu7e.jpg

Some non-hammer based 'adjustments'.

taPT97R.jpg 

Adam making some fuelling tweaks between runs.

GCC0eua.jpg

A shit photo of Cap ragging around with Stan as passenger.

5Ao6cRQ.jpg

Enabling Grip Mode with the £40 slicks-on-steelies.  It was really fun to drive on the standard tyres/wheels, but once the slicks got up to temp they were nuts.  

As a side note, it was cool to get driven by Adam on track too.  I've been out with him in road cars before but obviously you're not pushing to quite the same extent, so getting to experience him sending it around Blyton was really cool.  Cheers for the tips (and indeed awesome day)!

• Like 3

So today f**king ruled.

Certainly did! Cheers again for coming along, kinda knew you'd love it but was relieved to find out just how much :P haha. On with pics and vids now...

Pics: https://www.facebook.com/adam.read2/media_set?set=a.10153595719351147&type=3&pnref=story

Jardo, don't get that 500, they are so gay. In an actual gay way, not MX-5 gay.

Edited by Adam@TartyBikes
  • Like 1

Saw one of those 500s this morning being driven by a woman who was 60 odd, dressed like she was 20odd, windows down playing loud pop music. She pulled away from a set of lights a bit too enthusiastically presumably thinking she looked like the bomb diggidy.

You're going to look at least that awesome in it!