The Car Thread

MadManMike

Excellent, thanks chaps! I will do the mentioned tests first, see if it's just a silly loose pipe issue and if not then i'll get looking for another turbo for him. There was an excessive amount of oil near one of the recently replaced boost pipes, so that's not a great sign. I will whip off the intake pipe work and see how much play the turbo shaft has too.

Fingers crossed it's not the turbo as the poor fella doesn't have much money (he is a TA at my school so crap pay) and considering life has been a shit to him he somehow is still one of the nicest people you have ever met so I want to help him where I can.

12 hours ago, Azarathal said:

Thought about any other styling dan? 

My car is currently being converted to manual and having the coilovers put on at the same time so I'm 110% in for curby! Won't be able to pay until end of March though as I'm skint 

Not really mate, Maybe canards at one point but it's becoming a bit too racecarry. Got some wind deflectors on the way though.

Transferred stuff from my old 940 to the 740; lowering springs, front anti-roll bar, strut brace, underbody brace, dual rear anti-roll bars, and the "quick steer roll correctors". Just needs poly bushes. 

On the original springs it was sitting stupendously high, much better now. :)  The front has settled a tiny bit lower since these pictures.

DSC_0103_zps4yfiw8ul.jpg

DSC_0102_zpsj9rnxxci.jpg

The handling is hilariously unmatched to the power. It's so slow but at least I can carry speed through corners now.

@Adam@TartyBikes Do you happen to have some small blocks of nylon or similar that you could turn on the lathe, and a little bit of spare time?

• Like 2