The Car Thread

MadManMike

Giving the girlfriend her mini back tomorrow and won't be getting my car until Wednesday :( manual conversion went well until I picked it up and less than a minute later the input shaft bearing shat itself, good thing they provided the box otherwise I'd be paying out £500ish for a new bearing. Apparently a common problem on the R33 box's so glad I'm getting nice new shiny bearing.

Anyone around Berkshire got a push bike or baller racecar I can borrow for a few days?

Haha. Quite a lot I think. More than 3x the horsepower tends to do that :D

Yeah we swapped for a session, both got each other's cars plenty sideways so it's all good!

Turned out Andy was lapping at the same pace as 3x MaX5 champion in his brand new Mk4 MX-5 race car :lol:

So, we have two more converts to hairdresserism now...

Awesome day yesterday out in the Civic. Drove down to Barton to see a few people and sell my Recaro, which also served a good purpose as I was unsure as to whether my B16 was using too much fuel or not. The long run gave me a chance to see what Im really getting. 140 odd mile round trip with a bit off a hoon about with my mate when I was there totaled 190 miles from full. Still just over half a tank left so its about right for what they normally use. That said Honda fuel gauges of this era aren't known for there accuracy so I forsee that the needle will drop tomorrow when I start up. 

Put my name down on a set of wheels with slightly more offset too, along with some Meister R Zeta S coilovers to replace my cheap units. 

56e5aa8d747b9_workwheels.jpg.85ed6c46dab

Exhaust is next. The system is nice and quiet now with the 1.4 midsection in but I feel its restricting it somewhat only being around 2". I have a 2.5" Buddyclub midsection but its a straight through and is horrendously loud, so I may look into either having a resonator/silencer added into it or go for a custom 2.25" silenced stainless system from the cat back. Ive debated a decat but as the cars to be driven daily Id rather keep it in place to keep Mr. Vosa happy should I ever be inspected.. again. 
Still need a better manifold! 

Should be collecting an AEM V2 intake at some point too, tidy the bay up a little and put the filter away from all the warm air its currently soaking. 

Absolutely mullered an E92 M3 last night on the way home from a car show in Birmingham. Had him once off a roundabout, once on a 3rd-6th gear pull, and then he tried a sneaky stab a few miles down the road, but caught him in my rear view mirror coming in quick, so dropped down to 4th and planted it, and he then never actually passed.

Not bad considering they are 414bhp. Was quite shocked in all honesty, thought they would be quicker than that. He was 100% trying as well, could hear it and smell it, and it was chucking all sorts of bits out of the exhaust while was pushing him from behind haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rusevelt said:

Interesting split-screen watch of Adam, Prawn, and Andy at 6:16.

Matt-Le Blanc and Ken Block filming in London for Top-Gear http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35793892

2782.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

I don't believe for a second that the wedding wasn't staged.

I also don't understand the flack they are getting for doing a stunt near the cenotaph either.  Its not like they touched/damaged or did anything to it.  Most the war veterans would probably love it.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2016 at 0:24 PM, Danny said:

I don't believe for a second that the wedding wasn't staged.

I also don't understand the flack they are getting for doing a stunt near the cenotaph either.  Its not like they touched/damaged or did anything to it.  Most the war veterans would probably love it.

This footage will be removed from the final edit for Top Gear according to BBC. The segment itselt is nothing really special, just a couple of donut spins passed the Cenotaph http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35800187

Edited by Rusevelt