The Car Thread

MadManMike

oooooooooooh, a forum about bikes, with a car thread. I'm sure I used to spend a lot of time somewhere similar ^_^

Hey folks. Long time no see.

Hope all is well with everyone.

As you've seen above, I went munting on Saturday with Tarty Adam and AP.

Many funs were had!

831BE026-0074-4702-86F0-4796D7F7257A_zps

Then later on we got a bit bored, so went to the beach :lol:

2985C6F6-6BFB-4069-B63F-1DBEE3B85D72_zps

• Like 1

It's been at least a month sat on axle stands, today I finally sorted one of the components I needed to get her back on all fours...

11885180_10156615722280587_9168892175261

Booking her in to FCM for the other side, can't be arsed to do it myself, plus they'll be doing the front geo anyway.

Progress is being made, hopefully it'll all be good for the track day.

Also, couldn't believe how easily it started after being sat for that long!

Really fun drive at Three Sisters today, I f**king love that MX5!  First session was cut short by some dude in an MR2 who nosed it into the barriers at the fastest part of the track, second session was full length though and a load of fun.  Went the fastest I've ever been round there (lapped almost everyone who was in our 10 lap session) and just seemed to have a really good feel for the car.  Was able to get it rotating in certain corners much better than I've been able to before, and generally seemed to have more control and sense of what was going on with it.  I was a bit sketched out about doing it as I hadn't driven that car for a while due to illness then being in Portugal, but it ended up being well worth it :)

• Like 1

guys, I need your help

I will go to Italy for a few days and I will rent a car, I am just not sure which one. I will go on a few trips around Italy ( less than 3 hours drive probs) and I will use the car for like 4 days

Options are : Ford Fiesta and KA

Opel Corsa

Fiat 500

Renault Clio

Smart forTwo

Renting it for 2 people travelling light

personally I would logically choose the Fiesta, as it seems to be the best, but I would love to have a weird and wonderful car like Fiat 500 or Smart

I drove a Corsa, (newer) it was okay, Renault clio... I  do not know, I am not a French car lover

what do you think which one should I go for? they are around the same price

Edited by HippY

This is the funniest vid I've watched in a while...And it pretty much somes up the ordeals of working on pretty much anything mechanical - bikes, cars, motorbikes, my dad's  '96 sprinter van...as well as cheap off brand crappy tools and mates taking the piss.

As I said, I find it very funny, but it's very sweary, so you might someone come in going "what are you watching?" Give it a look.

It's pasted in massive and I can't resize...

Edited by CC12345678910

18 hours ago, HippY said:

guys, I need your help

I will go to Italy for a few days and I will rent a car, I am just not sure which one. I will go on a few trips around Italy ( less than 3 hours drive probs) and I will use the car for like 4 days

Options are : Ford Fiesta and KA

Opel Corsa

Fiat 500

Renault Clio

Smart forTwo

Renting it for 2 people travelling light

personally I would logically choose the Fiesta, as it seems to be the best, but I would love to have a weird and wonderful car like Fiat 500 or Smart

I drove a Corsa, (newer) it was okay, Renault clio... I  do not know, I am not a French car lover

what do you think which one should I go for? they are around the same price

Chances are you won't get the car you pick anyway.  Most places are just 'ford fiesta or equivalent' which usually means something even more sucky :P

• Like 1