The Happy Thread

Duncy H

That's my kind of holiday – that or just sitting on a beach chilling the hell out. We haven't even started talking about what we might like, but it'll be great either way.

The logical bit of me feels like we should just find the place that's most expensive to fly to with the cheapest costs once there, just to make the most of the won bit!

drive round the alps for a few days. Some great villages and roads.

Been there done that 2 years in a row.

Genuinely jaw dropping and I certainly want to take my future other half with me there one day.

Went out for a drive, pulled into a layby to sort out everything rattling in my car.

Some woman parked infront of me, bouncing along with a flat tyre.

I insisted on changing it for her, managed to do it before she could get her fella there (even though he lived minutes down the road).

Got a few beers out of it, and got her on her way, feels good to do a good deed :)

• Like 1

I've seen people do it with scratch cards at work as well, win like £50 and spend it all back on them and end up with nothing.

May as well take your winnings and leave it

When I was trying to pay for something in a shop on the weekend, I got held up because some woman had a fistful of scratch cards that she wanted the guy to check on their machine to see if any had won. He dutifully went through them all, said "I'm afraid none of them were winners, sorry." She replied with "Yeah, I thought so but it doesn't hurt to check does it?" She then proceeded to spend another load of money on a variety of new scratch cards before finally allowing me to buy my rapidly melting Calippo.

Work is going so well. The days are flying by and my colleagues are awesome. I would hate to have a desk job so so much. It probably sounds stupid but it's weird to think I'm getting paid as I always relate jobs to being dull.

What is it you're doing now?

Work is going so well. The days are flying by and my colleagues are awesome. I would hate to have a desk job so so much. It probably sounds stupid but it's weird to think I'm getting paid as I always relate jobs to being dull.

Although my job may seem fairly boring to some (bike mechanic at halfords), I'm actually finding time going so fast and everyone is so friendly.

Such a contrast to my last shift at pizza express where I got told off for not washing up fast enough and that I couldn't eat my pizza til I finished. f**k them, ate it anyway and the washing machine broke and I had to wash by hand towards the end, backlog of about 2 hours. I left my boss to finish it off. No way I'm staying longer than I'm contracted hahah so so so happy to leave now.

I also do a ten mile bike commute to work but because my evenings are generally free, I'm not too worried about getting tired. I'm just so much happier in general now, and fitter too. :)

• Like 2