The Happy Thread

Duncy H

You think? I'm not 100% on it yet. I like it, but I don't love it. It feels abit thrown together whereas the last album was tight and slick.

Yes I do think. It's the album they should have made earlier. The last album was indeed "tight" and "slick", but they're not words you want to associate with slipknot IMO. Words like "brutal" and "savage" however...

However, you can get all those things by looking elsewhere. Admittedly in lesser quantities of each, but a combination of slick, tight, brutal and savage is where I like things.

However, you can get all those things by looking elsewhere. Admittedly in lesser quantities of each, but a combination of slick, tight, brutal and savage is where I like things.

If you're referring to dirty sex, then you're right, but the album is better.

Off for my first proper ride in ages and it feels awesome.

Yes I do think. It's the album they should have made earlier. The last album was indeed "tight" and "slick", but they're not words you want to associate with slipknot IMO. Words like "brutal" and "savage" however...

The new album just seems abit already done I suppose, the last album was all abit new and some epic stuff in there from Mick and Jim, but this time it seems a step back. Don't get me wrong it's still a good album, but I was more impressed with the last album.

The new album just seems abit already done I suppose, the last album was all abit new and some epic stuff in there from Mick and Jim, but this time it seems a step back. Don't get me wrong it's still a good album, but I was more impressed with the last album.

Yeh I'd agree with that, but IMO a step back is a good thing - they're going back to what they're best at.

• Like 1

Linkin park are utter shite. Nowt but a boy band with a heavy metal backing band. Too manufactured

Nice opinion you've got there. Pity it's clearly bollocks given that they've sold millions of records and are liked by every person I've ever met who's into metal or "alternative" music.

They're not my favorite band by a long way, but I can't deny that Hybrid Theory was one of the most important albums of the naughties for the rock/metal scene.

• Like 1

Nice opinion you've got there. Pity it's clearly bollocks given that they've sold millions of records and are liked by every person I've ever met who's into metal or "alternative" music.

They're not my favorite band by a long way, but I can't deny that Hybrid Theory was one of the most important albums of the naughties for the rock/metal scene.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, this one is mine, regardless of how many records they've sold. So there

Using the "millions of records" thing: Justin Bieber and One Direction have sold millions, sell out at all concerts, but are still musically shit. Not suggesting that LP are, I'm just suggesting that record sales don't mean much - radio plugging and decent marketing can sell records.

I like some old LP tracks, because they remind me of growing up.

Getting back into riding again has been so great. Wasn't sure if I should but just went for it, got an Inspired like I've wanted to since they came out and been having a lot of fun since. Riding around with earphones around my town has got to be my favourite thing to do. Plus I've gotten back into the swing of things faster than I thought I would which is nice, Inspired Element frame is so much nicer than the Ashton I had, although I'm actually really impressed with the height of my bunnyhops now I now how easy all the street guys had it :P

Good ride out on the road bike with a mate today. Get back to near his house and had the most comedic clipped in crash ever. My mate stopped at a junction, forgot to clip out and went down. I was laughing that much I did exactly the same thing, and then couldn't get back up from laughing. We looked a right pair of clowns. Perfect end to a decent ride

Land in the world of bikes is all good! Spokes have been ordered for my 26" wheels so I can build them at work this weekend, awesome new rim tape arrived yesterday and I'm absolutely loving my road bike at the moment. Did a local loop on it the other morning whilst the weather was nice, only 15 miles or so but it was nice to be on a fast bike I felt comfortable on rather than stuck behind some drop bars. Already planning the upgrades, I think some Pro 2's will fit the bill along with the 4 pot XT brakes from my MTB....

• Like 2

So we appear to have unintentionally ended up out tonight. Stole a sofa from one bar and put it on the dance floor of another. Got thrown out fairly sharpish so took it to another, game on...

We must partake in similar activities soon. It's been too long dude